Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Caravan looting

My question is about caravan looting. The reason the loot is in a caravan is that its to heavy to carry it all. What happens if do loot a caravan. Will I have to keep running back and forth to my stash to get all the loot, or will I only get what I can carry

Comments

• Options
    Steven has said a portion of what was in will drop and I'm assuming probably some coin. But you will be able to divide up what you get to share the load with your fellow bandits I'm assuming.
  • Options
    Yep, Karthos has summed it up pretty well for you. Things may change as more info comes out ofc but that was my understanding too.
  • Options
    Relwoh said:
    My question is about caravan looting. The reason the loot is in a caravan is that its to heavy to carry it all. What happens if do loot a caravan. Will I have to keep running back and forth to my stash to get all the loot, or will I only get what I can carry
    From what I read, it's pretty unlikely that you'd be able to solo a caravan, so the loot will probably be split with the other attackers. Maybe there will be some left over though. But I don't think loot will left sitting on the ground for long.
  • Options
    Ok heres my question. Ten of us get together, form a party and decide to hit a caravan. We succeed and a portion of the loot/money drops. If this were like an instanced encounter we could set loot rules, roll for good drops, coordinate the distribution via voice comms, etc. But it has been said that once you get a certain distance from a caravan you can choose to attack or defend...we all know there will be multiple people/parties both attacking and defending. So how does loot distribution go then? Is it a GW2 thing where a chest appears and everyone gets (roughly) the same kinda things and RNG kicks in for higher level loot or what?
  • Options
    If we defeat a caravan can we just take it over and reroute it (to my stronghold)?
  • Options
    ToKev said:
    Ok heres my question. Ten of us get together, form a party and decide to hit a caravan. We succeed and a portion of the loot/money drops. If this were like an instanced encounter we could set loot rules, roll for good drops, coordinate the distribution via voice comms, etc. But it has been said that once you get a certain distance from a caravan you can choose to attack or defend...we all know there will be multiple people/parties both attacking and defending. So how does loot distribution go then? Is it a GW2 thing where a chest appears and everyone gets (roughly) the same kinda things and RNG kicks in for higher level loot or what?
    Short answer

"We don't know yet"

But based on what we do know, there's probably some sort of loot able chest or box after you defeat the convoy.