Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Muting a forum topic, is that possible?

As the title says...

Hello guys and girls, does anyone know if it's possible to mute a specific forum topic? I've participated once in the forum "3 word story" which caused me to receive 70 new notifications every 12 hours.... I'd still like to get notified for other topics, because I'd like to know if someone responded on my question or answer. I just like to help people and I like to receive answers on all of my questions :) But the 3 word story is becoming a bit annoying. Because of this, it's really hard for me to find all the topics where I've received an answer on my question, or a reply on my own answer to a question from someone else.Can I somehow remove my comment so I don't get that notification again? Or can I mute that specific forum topic? Would be nice!

Kind regards,

Dolan

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    You can turn of your notificationpreferences in your accountsettings ;) I don't think it works with the mobile version btw. Just klick on the icon near your name (top right corner) and you'll get to your options :)

You can mark every other discussion as favorites.
  • Options
    Xoriac said:
    You can turn of your notificationpreferences in your accountsettings ;) I don't think it works with the mobile version btw. Just klick on the icon near your name (top right corner) and you'll get to your options :)

You can mark every other discussion as favorites.
    Tnx, bookmarked the topic "3 word story" and turned off bookmarked notifications. Lets see if it works! :)
  • Options
    I've also participated once in the beginning and never get any notification from it. Do people quote you? Is there a quote comment chain there?
  • Options
    I've stopped getting notifications for quotes, but wish I did.  
    I think the system gets a bit confused sometimes. 
  • Options
    I also hate not getting notification when you are quoted as I always walk into posts where I have been quoted 
  • Options
    nagash said:
    I also hate not getting notification when you are quoted as I always walk into posts where I have been quoted 
    Perfect example here, I didn't get a notification for your reply.  

Though in your case a Nagash, sometimes we're just talking about you behind your back. 
    ;)

Though, back to Dolan, you'll have to let us know if the bookmark trick works for you. 
  • Options
    nagash said:

Though in your case a Nagash, sometimes we're just talking about you behind your back. 
    ;)

Though, back to Dolan, you'll have to let us know if the bookmark trick works for you. 
    Well, turns out it doesn't work. Still getting spammed by the "3 word story" topic... Kinda annoying :wink:
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Dolan said:
    nagash said:

;)

Well, turns out it doesn't work. Still getting spammed by the "3 word story" topic... Kinda annoying :wink:
    Could you turn off the notifications in general and then turn it on for favorited topics, I wonder? 

This probably would have been a better topic for the support section, maybe. 
  • Options
    "Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in."

You'd think this would be the option that's affecting you. 
  • Options
    "Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in."

You'd think this would be the option that's affecting you. 
    This is the problem yes. But I want most of the topics I've participated in to remain like it is now. I still want a notification of them. I guess I will try the opposite. Turn of what you've mentioned and turn on "bookmarked" topic notifications. Then bookmark all the topics I've participated in and turn off the "3 word story".
  • Options
    I know it's a crazy work around, but it might be the way to go.  
    This is assuming the forum is functioning normally, though. And I have a few doubts that it actually is at the moment. 
  • Options
    There's an entire thread were I spoke to myself.

I blamed it on notification.

Rabble, rabble rabble
  • Options
    This is assuming the forum is functioning normally, though. And I have a few doubts that it actually is at the moment. 
    Ye, the forum is sometimes not working as intended. Though a great thing to add to the forum is muting a topic you don't want notifications from. There are a few games here on the forum and sometimes I like to participate in that. But I don't want to get notifications from all those forum games... When I'm in the mood to join in, I'll just read the last few comments that people have posted and add my own.
  • Options
    Dolan said:
    Ye, the forum is sometimes not working as intended. Though a great thing to add to the forum is muting a topic you don't want notifications from. There are a few games here on the forum and sometimes I like to participate in that. But I don't want to get notifications from all those forum games... When I'm in the mood to join in, I'll just read the last few comments that people have posted and add my own.
    I actually wish I could do what you suggest with mail message threads too. 
  • Options
    Dolan said:
    I actually wish I could do what you suggest with mail message threads too. 
    Perhaps they will add it in a few weeks or months. The forum is still pretty new. Plenty of things not working as intended or working as intended but with a few flaws.
  • Options
    @Rumbleforge I will let you know if it works. Currently there's no-one responding on the "3 word story", so I don't know if it works just yet.
  • Options
    i don't think you currently can mute a specific topic, sadly :cry:
    i wake up in the morning with 300+ notifications sometimes.... i would love to turn some of them off, maybe with the ever changing forums we will see this happen :smile:

• Options
    Shunex said:
    i don't think you currently can mute a specific topic, sadly :cry:
    i wake up in the morning with 300+ notifications sometimes.... i would love to turn some of them off, maybe with the ever changing forums we will see this happen :smile:

Busy life as a moderator :wink: No doubt it will be more than 1k+ once our community has double the current size. But I think we can expect there will be a solution once that point has been reached.
  • Options
    @Rumbleforge It's working! Tnx for posting something in "3 word story". Bookmarking every topic I've participated in and turning off "all topics I've participated in" seems to work fine.
  • Options
    Huzzah! Glad that tactic worked for you, @Dolan
    Not ideal, I know, but hopefully gets the job done for now!
  • Options
    Lol had to tag you in it since you said it was working. Figured we can spam you on there one way or another *eg*
  • Options
    That was the last time lol promise