Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

My poor apple cake. (Off Topic, I suppose?)

I had bought it the things I needed to make an apple cake. Get home. Game a bit TerraTech. Its 2am, decide to make applecake. All well and such, cut apples and all. Mix the batter. Batter is wrong, I shrug, add more oil to fix. Add batter to apples in cakeform. Goes to check recipé, see that it needs eggs. Forgot to buy eggs. No stores open. Realize it probably has too much oil in it now. And no eggs. Shrugs and puts it in over. Wait 80 min. Take out cake. Cake leaked a bit of oil. Had to clean after the oily applecake. Its now cooling. I hope for my oily apple cake to taste good regardless.

Comments

• Options
    Sometime the greatest successes in the kitchen come from the simplest of oversights.
  • Options
    A little bit of tea goes well with cake and washes away the oil. 
  • Options
    Had a similar issue earlier today. I was going to make vegetarian "quorn" chicken satay. Put on the rice, browned onions in the wok... then realized no quorn chicken... then not enough vegetables... and I forgot to turn the rice cooker on! Shesh!

I ended up mixing and matching stuff to make up for it. It looked a bit frankensteinian but ended up tasting alright, so not a total loss :relieved:
  • Options
    Well. Adding more oil dosnt fix it from lacking eggs, aparantly. It tasted horrible. v.v
  • Options
    What a coincidence, I am going to bake an apple cake for my family today! Apparently baking cakes and stuff is the only food I am good at making... I am very lucky that my fiance is a chef haha.
    Now let's hope I didn't forget something important for this cake, you've made me paranoid.... 
  • Options
    Well if that cake doesn't taste good according to you, you can always send it to my home. You need to ring the bell though! Don't just climb over the fence... otherwise the guards might shoot you... Don't want that to happen ofc! Multiple deaths already, people that said they want to bring cake just like you.

1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20500, United States
  • Options
    I'm making pancakes this Saturday. Will post pictures if I do.
  • Options
    I'm Norwegian. v.v
  • Options
    Made a new apple cake. Remembered eggs. Forgot to add in the vanilla extract. At least it will taste good, if not perfect this time!
  • Options
    Yeah, I have made scones without sugar and got nice biscuits.  A Spaghetti Frittata fail left me with the best scrambled eggs ever.  Once when I was low on cash I made a simple salad and learned something about how two of the ingredients work divinely together.  Cooking is like that. :)
  • Options
    The recipé I use is:
    1 1/2 cup Flour.
    1 1/2 cup Fine Grain Sugar.
    1 1/2 cup Rapeseed oil.
    4x eggs.
    8 Granny Smith apples.
    Some Vanilla Extract.

Got apple peeler thingy that also cuts it up, all at once. Put apple pieces in the cake form. Sprinkle some cinnamon sugar on top of the apples. Add batter. Let it sink down in the cakeform for 15 min. Sprinkle some more cinnamon sugar on top. preheat oven to 175 C. (350 F for you muricans) Let it be inside there for 80 min. After that, its letting it cool.
  • Options
    The recipé I use is:
    1 1/2 cup Flour.
    1 1/2 cup Fine Grain Sugar.
    1 1/2 cup Rapeseed oil.
    4x eggs.
    8 Granny Smith apples.
    Some Vanilla Extract.

Got apple peeler thingy that also cuts it up, all at once. Put apple pieces in the cake form. Sprinkle some cinnamon sugar on top of the apples. Add batter. Let it sink down in the cakeform for 15 min. Sprinkle some more cinnamon sugar on top. preheat oven to 175 C. (350 F for you muricans) Let it be inside there for 80 min. After that, its letting it cool.
    You should take this with you to the store next time, so you don't forget anything.  :)
  • Options
    You can name it The Shrug Cake.

You can talk about the secret points of the baking part like it's an old grandma's cooking secret as "people, hear me out, while you bake all you've got to do is shruggin' it off. You got no eggs? Who cares? too much conola oil? who cares? I have cinnamon alergy? who cares. gonna be hospitalized? I mean someone gotta keep those medical employees working. "