Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Possible Life Quest and other ramblings/ideas....

I always thought a Life Quest for each character class or profession would be awesome to have and would give the player(s) something  to do in their down time with their character. This quest line should take the PC all over the world, it should not be completed till they hit max level. It should be VERY hard, but worth it in the end. The reward should be a weapon or armor or let the PC choose one of the two. It should entail every aspect of the game in some capacity, i.e participate in a raid, an arena match, pvp battle ground, and something unique for the chosen class, etc. I would put in a cutoff for when they can't go back and take up this quest. I would say level 20. So once you pass 20 the PC is no longer eligible for his/her Life Quest. I don't know how many levels you are going to have at launch so these would be adjusted to fit your level max. As stated this should take a LONG time, but it should be worth it in the end.
For the above mentioned quest...I don't even know if its feasible or not, but it would be really nice to be able to choose different parts of weapons that make up one single weapon..this would eliminate every magic user running around with the same damn staff...or every fighter carrying the same damn sword, and so on...the PC could choose and ornate top to his staff or a plain and simple ball on the top. A fighter could have a cross guard on his hilt or not, the blade could be etched. The possibilities are quite extensive, but it would be VERY nice to have this and give the character something unique to call his/her own in game. Those pesky ramp up to max level players will be crying because all they did was grind to the top. =)
I'm not sure how far the AI has come with computer games, but I always wanted to see a lone shop keeper that you interact with and stay with this person...you come back to him/her every time to get supplies, weapons fixed, new armor and the better relationship you have with said shop keeper you will get better discounts, the possibility of new magic items that only he/she has and only offers it to you based on your relationship with said shop keeper. Basically you form a relationship with this person and the better the relationship progresses the better stuff/discounts you will get offered. This will not be everyone's go to guy where there is 20+ plus people waiting and crowded around his shop. This person should be unique to your character alone or limit the shop keeper to 10 players max. Once again I don't even know if this is possible, but I think it would make things very interesting and give another unique aspect to the game for the player.

ok, this post is long enough. I will put some others ideas up as time goes on...

Comments

• Balrog21 said:
    I always thought a Life Quest for each character class or profession would be awesome to have and would give the player(s) something  to do in their down time with their character. This quest line should take the PC all over the world, it should not be completed till they hit max level. It should be VERY hard, but worth it in the end. The reward should be a weapon or armor or let the PC choose one of the two. 
    Sounds like a very interesting idea. It has similarities to legendary questlines in WoW, but your idea is deeper and spans over a character's entire development, not just max level. I love it! :)
  • Thanks, Lexmax! I think it would something nice to have added in there!
  • Life quests like Guild Wars 2 make the game seem slightly limited, in my opinion, you can create your own life quests, you enter the world and you figure out who your character is going to be, do you want to be the best blacksmith in the game? You will work hard for it. 
  • @Czar
    the main reason for the life quest is an achievement so to speak, and have something unique for your character as a reward. i.e. your weapon or armor of choice. this would not be some cookie cutter thing either..it should be very hard to accomplish taking you all over the world even back to places that you've been before. Another reason I would cut off the ability to take this quest is if all you wanted to do is level up and not experience the world in any degree. So if you're too busy leveling up wanting to reach max level and miss the quest..well, too bad. I'm sure there will be plenty of those in game as well, which is a shame. It seems they are making a truly interactive world, one that you will take to heart and care about and want to stay in..not just race to max level.
    So this is not limiting anyone for those wanting to choose this quest. It only adds more flavor to the game and give yet another dimension to the game which was not present to begin with.
    Thanks though for commenting! I hope I cleared this up a little for you.
    Best,
    Bal
  • Balrog21 said:
    @Czar
    the main reason for the life quest is an achievement so to speak, and have something unique for your character as a reward. i.e. your weapon or armor of choice. this would not be some cookie cutter thing either..it should be very hard to accomplish taking you all over the world even back to places that you've been before. Another reason I would cut off the ability to take this quest is if all you wanted to do is level up and not experience the world in any degree. So if you're too busy leveling up wanting to reach max level and miss the quest..well, too bad. I'm sure there will be plenty of those in game as well, which is a shame. It seems they are making a truly interactive world, one that you will take to heart and care about and want to stay in..not just race to max level.
    So this is not limiting anyone for those wanting to choose this quest. It only adds more flavor to the game and give yet another dimension to the game which was not present to begin with.
    Thanks though for commenting! I hope I cleared this up a little for you.
    Best,
    Bal
    I'm not sure you can have a unique life quest for each individual player, there will be 10,000 players in one server, and most likely 55 different servers since we have 800,000 people signed up to the website. 
  • @Czar
    my bad, these life quests will only be for each individual core class.
  • Balrog21 said:
    @Czar
    my bad, these life quests will only be for each individual core class.
    Ah I see!