Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Normal-Movement Animation & Fighting Animation

What other types of animation will be incorporated that'll exhibit that natural & fluid movement?

I'd hope for other Archetypes Displayed soon

Throughout most of the in-game Teasers, We've seen the Mage's movement and how it will seen be presented
 ( ****Yes, i know many things are subject to change since its pre-alpha**** )

However, with the addition of a " Hybrid " Combat System, consider incorporating more
 " Natural Movement ". Each MMO has its own Unique " vibe " to PvP, but all are relatively based on the type of Animation. For Example,

In the in-game Pre-Alpha video, you displayed the Mage Casting a few spells (mainly Fire Spells) - while performing a ... " Natural Side-Stepping in a Medium-Paced Manner "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHTWhIF5cqI
(2:17 - 2:29)

This is nice to see. 

What do you guys & gals think ? What other Archetype would you like to see displayed next ?

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Ever since Heroic Movement was showcased in EQNext,
    I've been hoping to see an MMORPG that also offers Villainous Movement emotes/animations.

We've seen Rogue as well.

Probably everyone is eager to see a Bard in action.
  • Options
    Dygz said:
    " ... Probably everyone is eager to see a Bard in action. "
    Atm, I'm thinking Bard will be a ... Soothsayer / WitchCraft Spell Casting (with words) / or a Manipulative Class
    But the problem i see with that is ...  you don't need a  "Distance Range" to cast that.

All  we can do is speculate based on the KickStarter Bio
  • Options
    Dygz said:
    " Ever since Heroic Movement was showcased in EQNext,
    I've been hoping to see an MMORPG that also offers Villainous Movement emotes/animations ... "
    Never heard of that " Heroic Movement " . I'll check that out  :)
  • Options
    I'm just hoping there's a movement ability that you can spam to make it look like your doing an obscene gesture.
  • Options
    This is the kind of new technology I hope Intrepid will be using to make animations natural and seamless: Phase function neural networks.
    :warning: may contain traces of science :warning:
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Karthos said:
    I'm just hoping there's a movement ability that you can spam to make it look like your doing an obscene gesture.
    More or less, yes, i agree with you on this. Usually, the Character Movements looks
     bizarre  and un-natural - such as improper Movements / Physics. 
    (Duly note this is a High-Fantasy )

But it shouldn't look like Chickens Pecking at each other ... running around in a circle. :p  Most notably, how some Players run & hop at the same time - something I've seen* in some MMOs .

( although MMOFPS is somehwat understandable ... kinda )

or how abilities' hitbox & regular hitbox connects ... but facing another direction.

In short, all of the " Tab-Target Shortcomings ", I'd hope for the Action-Combat to substitute for it / Correct it - and vice versa

• Options
    edited June 2017
    lexmax said:
    This is the kind of new technology I hope Intrepid will be using to make animations natural and seamless: Phase function neural networks.
    :warning: may contain traces of science :warning:
    Ah i see - an adaptable animation. Hope its compatible with U4 engine though
     ( mostly likely it is )

I just hope the same can do with the Climbing Mechanic  :p 
  • Options
    just a fluent  combat system i would be fine with as log as it not boring within a couple of weeks