Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Tulnar Variants???

Since we know very little about the Tulnar, only they will "include characteristics of humans, reptiles and mammals" I am wondering what exact races from previous MMOs/games you are hoping to be able to re-create in AoC?

I am of course wishing for a Skaven (Warhammer) / Ratonga (EQ) i.e a "rodent race" first and foremost. Seems possible due to some of the Devs being EQ vets. B)

Some others would be: Charr (GW), Froglocks(EQ), Naga (WoW npcs...would LOVE a snakeman race!), Centaurs (SB), Argorians (ESO), Draenei (WoW) and Tauren (WoW)

So what other distinct races are you hoping for?! (and maybe help give the Devs a few ideas along the way ;) )

Comments

• Options
    Maybe a cross between an orc and Al Gore?
  • Options
    I am excited to see what variants we can create with Tulnar :) I do hope they have a common trait however to distinguish them as an entire race though rather than just being mutants :). Even if that's just some cultural habit or something xD I want to see something that "brings this race together" type thing.
  • Options
    It all seemed to wolflike/werewolf/mamal/furry. I even draw one for my signature.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Since we know very little about the Tulnar, only they will "include characteristics of humans, reptiles and mammals" I am wondering what exact races from previous MMOs/games you are hoping to be able to re-create in AoC?

I am of course wishing for a Skaven (Warhammer) / Ratonga (EQ) i.e a "rodent race" first and foremost. Seems possible due to some of the Devs being EQ vets. B)

Some others would be: Charr (GW), Froglocks(EQ), Naga (WoW npcs...would LOVE a snakeman race!), Centaurs (SB), Argorians (ESO), Draenei (WoW) and Tauren (WoW)

So what other distinct races are you hoping for?! (and maybe help give the Devs a few ideas along the way ;) )
    You'll probably end up with a Skritt (GW2). :smiley:
  • Options
    Karthos said:
    Maybe a cross between an orc and Al Gore?
    Now you've gone and ruined an entire race for me :tongue:
  • Options
    I would like to see if I can create Renekton(League of Legends) on Ashes of Creation character creation just for fun.
  • Options
    Crazy thought, since the Tulnar were supposedly the peeps that were left behind when all of the other races fled through the gateways, perhaps there are eight variants of the Tulnar, corresponding to each of the races?

Human -> centaurs

Elves -> basilisk or dragon hybrids

Dwarves-> whatever this is

But... that's a lot of models to make. So just two subcategories would probably be more practical. IDK.
  • Options
    lexmax said:
    Crazy thought, since the Tulnar were supposedly the peeps that were left behind when all of the other races fled through the gateways, perhaps there are eight variants of the Tulnar, corresponding to each of the races?

Human -> centaurs

Elves -> basilisk or dragon hybrids

Dwarves-> whatever this is

But... that's a lot of models to make. So just two subcategories would probably be more practical. IDK.
    Awesome idea ^^ I remember Steven saying on discord "fur and scales" at one point xD when I think humanoid features I think human but you're so right in saying that other races must be part of the Tulnar recipe ^^ maybe you select a "race" and make it more animal beast like through more in depth options?
  • Options
    Dung beetle people with bug exoskeletons.
  • Options
    be nice to have a race of people that is like demi-humans in chorno cross, just humans with animal like characteristics. this race of people can be anything from cat people, dog people, to even mermades
  • Options
    ha! I am not expecting to recreate other races.
    Might not be a good thing for me if we can - that would add a whole lot more alts for me.
  • Options
    I would kinda hope for a mixed species option. Like where you could have a mix between reptilian races and mammalian races. 
  • Options
    Birdperson. Because it's an MMO and you people need to be reminded sometimes that...

• Options
    Kind of like what @Lexmax said, from the tiny lore indications we got the Tulnar are those that were left behind and had to go underground to survive.  So it may be a combination of the races we already know mixed.  But obviously it is all speculation at this point and some of the drawings they showed looked like there was more mixed in then just the races we know so who knows?!!!
  • Options
    Cyreph said:
    Birdperson. Because it's an MMO and you people need to be reminded sometimes that...

oh yeah I forgot about Avians! Didn't GW have them? /pads off to find a pic.....

The Tengu

I wouldn't mind if they even had wings, maybe for limited gliding but you wouldn't actually be able to fly.
    Possum said:
    You'll probably end up with a Skritt (GW2). :smiley:

I remember seeing the Skritt, They looked almost like flightless bats because of their long arms.

Now about interbreeding to create some "unified" race......I personally don't know if I'm too keen on that idea. They were supposed to the the "lesser" races that didn't make it off world and so banded together as a group. Usually different species can't breed with one another so the lesser races should remain intact, for the most part. There is nothing however that would keep them from developing similar traits (like they all have dark vision)

I kind of got the impression the Tulnar were created to be a catchall for races they would like to have in game but there was no room to fully develop them (ala, racial starting area, culture, outfits, etc) So this would be kind of like having your cake and eating it too. :)
  • Options
    i love them :relaxed: