Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

HC-RP Server (The roleplayer's ultimate dilemma)

Being a guy who grew up playing traditional pen&paper D&D, I am very fond of RP. I do not mean what we have nowdays in MMO's, namely talking nonsense in a tavern, dancing naked or pretending to be drunk. It is simply not my cup of tea. What I mean is instead awesome meaningful stories where your characters risk their neck to perform heroic deeds.

What I am proposing is a RP server with permadeath. To me RP is meaningless when your toon dies and immediately respawns in a camp just around the corner. I lose that sense of immersion (and adrenaline) that makes me enjoy RP so much. On a normal server permadeath would be annoying, even gamebreaking, but in a RP environment it creates endless possibilities for cool missions and stories. Obviously, the server would be completely optional, unique, with standard RP rules of conduct and permadeath. I am in no way suggesting that permadeath should be the normal death penalty for all servers.

As a nice addition to this, I would also like to show off those achievements that have been accomplished on HC mode. Maybe a special frame on the normal achievement would do the trick. I would avoid to create extra achievements for HC mode, as players might feel forced to play on this server in order to get them. Nobody should be forced to play according to rules they do not enjoy.

Thank you for reading and I hope to get some feedback.

Comments

• Reasonable, but i wouldn't want the Community divided up like that. Yeah RP seem strange to others, but i would still like to meet those RPers , and PvEers, PVPers, and others all Collaborative on a about 2 - 3 Servers.

but interesting
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    @Eragale:

Thank you so much for your feedback.

I wouldn't be worried about dividing the community. There is no mega-server on AoC. Rather we will have multiple servers, each one with its own story to tell. Developers want to create a plurality of situations and a HC-RP server would only add to that.