Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Armor: Styles | Designs | EXC

So what sorta armors would people like to see in game. pics help.

we already know the setting AoC will be. lets keep the armor styles there.
a few armors i liked and would like to see similar styles in game to start

something i dont want tosee in AoC EVER

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    High Fantasy so I'm all for including bikini armor instead of remaining practical as if the setting were Low Fantasy.
    High Fantasy means that bikini armor can be just as effective plate armor due to magic.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Well I have posted these before, but here goes, love them:

PLATE

Ignore the wing, it's the race with 1 wing :D

I usually don't really have an interest in dwarf armour, but this one just caught my attention. 

Source: picture 1, 2 and 3 are from Aion. Pictures 4 and 5 are from Lineage 2.

• Options
    We need gutbuster brigade Dwarven armor

And of course:

(Aside from the revealed leg which should have chain or... pants) armor that makes sense for women. Down with skimpy armor! Praise sensical armor!
  • Options
    Nelirya said:

PLATE

I usually don't really have an interest in dwarf armour, but this one just caught my attention. 

I really like these, even the wing is cool.  but the Dwarf one looks like a Power Rangers' aliens' costume that they are in a coffee break during the set, so that the actor put off the head part of the costume.

I like how Asian MMORPGs mix Victorian Era with Japan's Edo Era, with Chinese Imperial Era, with Korean Culture and put all the mix into the game.
  • Options
    Dolphin said:
    Nelirya said:

PLATE

I really like these, even the wing is cool.  but the Dwarf one looks like a Power Rangers' aliens' costume that they are in a coffee break during the set, so that the actor put off the head part of the costume.

I like how Asian MMORPGs mix Victorian Era with Japan's Edo Era, with Chinese Imperial Era, with Korean Culture and put all the mix into the game.
    Hahaha now that I look at it, I guess you're right about the dwarf armour XD I dunno, like I said, I just don't find dwarf clothing fascinating like human/elf ones, so each to their own.

And totally agree on the cultural mixes! It is so nice when they actually make the designs work. Really hoping to see something among the lines of those armours in Ashes too.
  • Options
    edited June 2017

And of course:

(Aside from the revealed leg which should have chain or... pants) armor that makes sense for women. Down with skimpy armor! Praise sensical armor!
    I very much like the female armour there, beautiful... However, I do not agree with having to cover her leg, I think it works fine, especially thinking about movement. Having it covered with chain would make it harder to move as well.

I guess I just don't agree with all the "make female armour not show any skin" notion that has been going around (here comes the bashing, I'm prepared). Yes, some prefer that, but there is nothing wrong with armour showing a bit of skin without being "skanky/skimpy". But hey, once again that's just my opinion.
  • Options
    Sexy parties won't be bashing. You're right about making it more flexible though. Females fight with more grace than force and allowing for that little extra there is helpful.
  • Options
    Noespark said:

So what sorta armors would people like to see in game. pics help.

we already know the setting AoC will be. lets keep the armor styles there.
    a few armors i liked and would like to see similar styles in game to start

something i dont want tosee in AoC EVER

Let's be fair --- that armor is just as skimpy and risque on the male models too... 
  • Options
    It's how funny that some players harass skimpy armor, yet they themselves wants armors that have just as zero protection, than the skimpy ones has.

• Options
    I like armour to look practical, not something that is over the top and clips horribly as your character fights, thus would be completely impractical. I enjoy playing tanks with heavy armour, sword and board, that's right the wall of plate and mail your not going to get past.
    ESO has a huge selection of armour much of which looks fantastic but there is no transmog system yet so you end up wearing some of the uglier sets at times. The set below in my sig is a lower level set that I just liked but it shows the type of heavy armour I like not over the top.
    Might take some screens tomorrow of some of the other sets I use post them up.
  • Options
    leather armour!!!

aaaaand of course we need some nice looking skimpy armour as well.

• Options
    edited June 2017

And of course:

GUTBUSTER BRIGADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i really like the female armor in this pic and all the dwarven armors ive seenposted so far 
  • Options
    @Noespark It's good to see someone knows this and that we need it! :smiley:
  • Options
  • Options
    I love so much armors with hoodies or thief style capes too :D and the Artorias from Dark soul prepare to die is really cool and I wore it all the game when I got it x) (but with a Katana not his 2 handed sword)

• Options
  • Options
    Personally i want every type of Armor we have seen from all previous games. I think they should allow us to decide as much as possible for ourselves whether it is a Chain Bikini or a full suit of mail. I would also like to see Samurai style armor. Scale mail and some really cool cloth robes. I think the inclusion of Magic in this game makes all armor types viable and we should just assume that the chain Bikini has some sort of magical protection.

I really want them to give us a wardrobe option where we can dress however we like and our actual armor would be a seperate thing.
  • Options
    I like it skimpy and sexy.
    Although, for a full chain, this is by far the best I've seen that is still fairly sexy.

• Options
    Noespark said:

-snip-

Boo let us have skimpy armor, at least for leather and cloth!

We should have options for both!!!
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    I like it skimpy and sexy.
    Although, for a full chain, this is by far the best I've seen that is still fairly sexy.

if a game is going to go skimpy this is how its done.

i like alotta armors im seeing. i really hope IS looks at this thread and maybe take some ideas for inspiration.

after all that is the goal of this thread

i seen this from another thread. so it isnt mine but i really liked it
    @Shunex

A few more ive found

some medium/light armors.
  • Options
    @Dragonpriest that looks like a D&D specific magical armor :0 
  • Options
    Thank god no one put a picture of some wow armor.
  • Options
    something like this to pull not just mobs but also the females
  • Options
    @Sixth the ladies know that he's compensating for something lol
  • Options
    @Sixth the ladies know that he's compensating for something lol
    lmao but that coat does look clean tho 
  • Options
    I actually had this picture saved on my phone for Pathfinder TTRPG so don't worry, I support your claim :tongue:
  • Options
    sixth said:
    I like this sooo much. Ive never seen a game with a armor set like that that wasnt a single player console game
  • Options
    Noespark said:
    sixth said:

Yeap they will pull it off you and keep it for themselves. Are there going to be polar bears in AOC. I can see it now everyone went to the spawning point where the polar bears are to make this armor.
  • Options
    Not that I wear much myself but here are some that I enjoy 

and my favorite normal armor