Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Many more primary/secondary interaction options...?

I'm kinda just thinking out loud here, so don't mind me if it seems that I ramble a bit... I did at least save the more general stuff for that section of the forums though.   =)

So it seems (based on the last question of today's stream) there will be far more tanking and healing options, outside of the Tank/X or Cleric/X setup, if I correctly interpreted what they said on stream today.  Prior to today, I was assuming 8 varieties of each.  Tank or Cleric primary, and whatever secondary.  I assumed this because they would have the base skills designed for that role specifically.  Secondary roles are supposedly only there to augment the primary skills, right?  Or did I miss something where it was stated that some primary abilities would actually be changed to completely different functions and/or new ones would be added?

Either way, Steven and Jeff stated that any primary could be viable as anything, depending on what they choose for a secondary.  
That means 15 different varieties of Tank and 15 Healers!  
(Tank primary x 8 secondary choices) + (7 other primaries with tank secondary) = 15 choices to tank.

I wonder what the targetted difference in viability would be when comparing a Tank/Bard and a Bard/Tank...
In addition to that, I wonder how much more balance work they will need to do so that they can make a DPS primary class truly viable as a healer...

Another bit of food for thought: What if someone with primary of Tank wanted to dps by choosing a Rogue secondary?  They should be viable as dps, right?  
Well then how would that spec differentiate itself from the person trying to be an evasion tank by choosing the same secondary class?

So many more options than I originally thought possible, which also means the possibility for so many more complications...

Comments