Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

How Will Leveling Feel With the Node System?

Hey everyone, 
I'm hoping I can get some clarification. I haven't watched every live stream or read every Q&A, so if this has already been answered, I apologize for asking. My main concern is how the node system will influence character leveling with respect to monsters. I know the devs have stated that there will be starting zones for each race, but I'm wondering about what happens outside of those zones. Say a new player enters the game after it's been on store shelves for a while, and once they exit the starting zone, they are in a metropolis level node. Will all of the monsters in the region/node be too strong for that new player to fight since the node is at its highest level? How will monster levels be determined? Will there be a set monster level range for each region similar to other MMOs, making the players have to go across the different regions to adequately level, or will monsters become stronger as the node levels, allowing a player to level to max in the same node they started in, if they started the game early enough? If the latter is the case, will new quests become available to slay these stronger monsters, or will it be a system similar to what Blizzard did with the Legion expansion of WoW where the monsters in each zone are attuned to your level, encouraging more exploration?

Thanks everyone for any clarification you can provide!

Comments

• Options
    I read someone say there is no level scaling of monsters, meaning monsters won't scale to your level rather it will scale to the node level. So since metropolis is the highest node level, and as an example your mid level character and walk into that zone, the mobs will wipe the floor with you.

There might be ways to avoid mobs and enter the city regardless, but if you want to level up, you have to stick to areas or nodes that are near your character level.