Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

KICKSTARTER KEY NOTICE FAQ

Just going to make this little thread to help people get the answers they need to questions asked.

Q. I Copy/pasted my key into the field but the submit button is grayed out!?
A. Delete the last letter/number and type it in. Submit should work then.
A. Alternatively, you can move your cursor to the end of your pasted entry and it should work.
A. You can also just type in the key and it will work.

Q. The dashboard doesn't show my purchase rewards! Help!
A. They haven't synced it up yet to the dashboard. However, it will show under the orders tab.

Q. Why hasn't my email come in yet? It's been x days and others have received theirs!
A. Be patient. If it doesn't come in today or the next couple of days, contact support at community@ashesofcreation.com

-If anyone has any other questions, I'll update this as much as possible.

Comments

• Options
    Great idea @IThrowSexyParties! Nice work! Have a like on me! ;)
  • Options
    Just trying to help :smile: The question came up a few times on my discord channels so figured it was worth mentioning
  • Options
    Bumping to top of recent discussions to help people. Will stop bumping after 24 hours
  • Options
    bump away 
  • Options
    Alternatively you can manually type in the key code and it will work. 
  • Options
    Thanks!  Just back from vacation and this helped with my confusion. 
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    Nice thread itspi....itspo....itspu....itspa..itsp....sexy! Bump bump
  • Options
    @Megs Darn tootin! :tongue:
  • Options
    Nothing shows up under orders so this is incorrect... unless I'm missing something ;)
  • Options
    @Santiago Does your email on kickstarter match the email for your Ashes account?
  • Options
    @Santiago Does your email on kickstarter match the email for your Ashes account?
    Good question.   I don't think it does.   I'll see if that's the issue.

I expected that it shouldn't matter however since I would think that the whole point of the key is to link the accounts regardless of email.  I shouldn't have to use the same email for both I wouldn't think.   
  • Options
    @Santiago I was more or less spit balling that answer. After you input your code, reload the email and see if you already registered it with the site. If it doesn't, you may not have actually submitted the code to your account.

Another possibility is that your browser is having a problem with the ashes cookies. Try F5(refresh) or open in a different browser (the www.ashesofcreation.com/dashboard )
  • Options
    @Santiago I was more or less spit balling that answer. After you input your code, reload the email and see if you already registered it with the site. If it doesn't, you may not have actually submitted the code to your account.

Another possibility is that your browser is having a problem with the ashes cookies. Try F5(refresh) or open in a different browser (the www.ashesofcreation.com/dashboard )
    Nope it was a good call.   Different emails.   After changing my email here to match Kickstarter it then displayed the order.   This shouldn't be that way (after all I linked via the key) but it's how it works now.   I'll ping the Ashes folks about correcting that if possible.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017

So, if you used two different emails it shouldn't matter. Whichever email you used to log into the account today will be the one that it tries to apply to. It asks you for confirmation twice.
     Another panic point that is being thrown around the forums right now is "OMG, I applied my code, and I didn't get my forum title!!!!". 
    Relax, forum titles are inactive at the moment. 
    Go to the handy dashboard link they gave in the email. Yet again, "OMG, there is nothing there!!!!"  
    Relax, click on the orders tab. If you see your package with the date you applied the code, you are done atm.

If after all that you don't see it under orders. PANIC!!! Run around screaming, get on Discord and repeatedly let people know how you are an international lawyer and are going to sue Intrepid under your countries "two goats good, one goat bad!" law.
  • Options
    @UnknownSystemError Most of what you just said was addressed above in a lot less wording but I'll give you your lol. :tongue:
  • Options
    @IThrowSexyParties  Pasting (Ctrl+V) and then pressing Tab also works :)

• Options
    @IThrowSexyParties Update: I thought they've mentioned that around Tuesday, everyone will have their keys and they will keep us informed if it's delayed. So people can expect to receive their keys during Monday or Tuesday if they haven't received it by now. There's no need to message Intrepid about this since it's rolling out at their pace.