Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Tunnel shortcuts. I can see that.

So in the new video yesterday they said Mages would be able to see things others can't. They also talked about Tulnar so does that mean there will be hidden tunnels? Like shortcuts under mountain passes so you don't have to travel over land through bandit country? Or a tunnel under a lake or stream so we don't have to go around?

And speaking of tunnels, will we be able to dig our own by mining? 

Comments

• Options
    And would the ability be called Tunnel Vision? hahahahaha
  • Options
    That made me laugh! :lol: 
    I'm taking the tunnel behind the couch to get to the kitchen.
  • Options
    sunfrog said:
    So in the new video yesterday they said Mages would be able to see things others can't. They also talked about Tulnar so does that mean there will be hidden tunnels? Like shortcuts under mountain passes so you don't have to travel over land through bandit country? Or a tunnel under a lake or stream so we don't have to go around?

And speaking of tunnels, will we be able to dig our own by mining? 
    Yes, from what they say, it seems there will be secret tunnels and passageways that can be discovered by certain abilities. This is very exciting!

I'm not sure if they will allow an ability to randomly dig through the terrain, but with constraints such as within a quest chain this ability could be awesome :)
  • Options
    ... and secret rooms.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    You're bringing back the D&D nostalgia @Dygz :)
  • Options
    where is my little skaven friend @PlagueMonk he knows how to dig holes
  • Options
    Spoooooky tunneeeeel!!!

Image result for scary tunnel
  • Options
    Karthos said:
    Spoooooky tunneeeeel!!!

Image result for scary tunnel
    tell her to get of that grave I was planning on using that 
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Just remember, tunnel "shortcuts" can have dangerous beasts inside. It might be safer to go around through the bandit territory. ;)

• Options
    edited July 2017
    nagash said:
    where is my little skaven friend @PlagueMonk he knows how to dig holes
    yes, YES the Under-Empire is vast! Tunneling from the Old world to the home of the filthy lizards was especially difficult!

And are you still bitter about all that warpstone you *ahem* misplaced? :*>:)
  • Options
    That be a cool utility for Tular to have ^^ Either that or like a night vision xD

• Options
    I like the idea in principal and the adventure you can take might depend on the team you venture with, with multiple different results with different party makeups.
    • One class can spot/disarm hidden traps only
    • One class can disarm curses
    • One class can spot hidden passageways
    • One class can break barriers to hidden passageways only
    • Multiple ways to progress deeper into a dungeon
    • The path you take to enter determines the experience within.
    • Take a different party and a different route next time, and the result is different