Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Will there be an AoC smartphone app?

How many people would like an AoC app?
Moreover if most of us like, will Intrepid develop a smartphone app for us? And if so what features will you all want to see?

(I know its too early to ask, but curiousity got me xD)

Comments

• Options
    I would absolutely love one!
  • Options
    Like to log into the game? Or for account security?
  • Options
    What would be the purpose of the app? Only times I've seen apps are for games that have silly facebook mini-games in them. WoW's garrison missions, ME apex missions ect.. And I really hope AoC doesn't go down that route.
  • Options
    I think an app be handy if it allows you to check on the status of things, like crafting cooldowns, your vendor stalls, guild events, node status, freehold construction etc. That way you'll know when to risk logging in at work ;)
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    I would hope they have it for security with the one time password like other MMOs have done. I would also like the possibly be able to log into guild chat or as previously suggested be able to check crafting timers or store sales. Anything that could help give access when not able to actually be at the computer. 

I mean...it helps to have things to do at the kids soccer practice!!!   :)
  • Options
    Scope creep...

Heh. A phone app will be fun to have. If we can have a character builder, crafting / vendor management, city/Guild management, guild chat, working on your freehold etc. 

But... After the game as been launched. Haha. 

(the 2 factor authentication login app could be considered as a need more than a want though. Especially if people have spent thousands on their accounts.) 
  • Options
    lexmax said:
    I think an app be handy if it allows you to check on the status of things, like crafting cooldowns, your vendor stalls, guild events, node status, freehold construction etc. That way you'll know when to risk logging in at work ;)

^^^ This.
  • Options
    Some kind of an alert if your node is under attack would be nice. 
  • Options
    I like the idea especially for guild chat/management as well as crafting cooldowns and other notifications. 
  • Options
    Maybe one of the royalty pledgers could take this question to the Phoenix session?

As said above, security and notifications would my reason to have the app.
  • Options
    WhatsAoc, FaceAoc, Aoctter, Aocgram, SnapAoc, WeAoc, LineAoc, PinAoc, TindAoc, CandyAoc...
  • Options

Great idea @char! There could be a security key linked to the app in order to keep your account safe, but it could also feature the info linked to a chosen character so that you could always be alerted to the status of your node, if it's being attacked or if something has been added to it.

As Steven has confirmed that he wishes to turn Ashes into a franchise we may even see Ashes book/lore apps, 

• Options
    Great idea - some really good examples given of how it could be utilised.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    I'd like to see an app where you can continue with simple things. Like placing some items in the store for x amount of money. If it doesn't sell, you can adjust the price a little bit so that when you come home from work, you'll see that the item has been sold. Manage your freehold (appoint an npc that continues making x amount of iron ore into y amount of iron bars while you're at work). The stock exchange could be part of the app too. Many people have a full time job and some have little kids, which means they don't have a lot of time. If those people love to work with the stock exchange, they can adjust their investments with the mobile app (keeps the money flowing). Love to see something like this :)

Sterio said:
    Some kind of an alert if your node is under attack would be nice. 

An alert if you node is under attack, yes this sounds really good and interesting for the app!

Eragus said:
    I like the idea especially for guild chat/management as well as crafting cooldowns and other notifications. 
    Add a guild chat so you can stay in touch with your guild friends! If this would be added, I think a good add-on would be a "do not disturb" button so you don't get a notification every time a guild member messages you, because you're at work and really busy!

Things like gathering material npcs and leveling shouldn't be part of the app though. It takes away the aspect of exploring the world if they add this.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    It has been talked about in the streams.  I think for checking stock in your store, for example, getting guild node updates etc like receiving a raven when not at keyboard that sort of thing just a being talked about thing not an at release thing.

Edit: I dont think I said thing enough so here are a few more, thing thing thing. :)
  • Options
    Can I order takeaway? 
  • Options
    nagash said:
    Can I order takeaway? 
    Well @nagash, assuming you will be able to read and send in-game mail you could theoretically mail the local tavern owner and offer to pay them to bring you stuff lol,  or you could just use just eat lol