Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What archetypes are people interested in?

(Sorry if there is another discussion about this but I couldn't find one.)
I am mainly interested in playing primarily as a mage and still unsure what I might go for as the secondary archetype. I know only 3 combinations have been announced however it is always fun to speculate.

Comments

• Options
    I am very interested in going bard as primary archetype and mage secondary. Really hope I can play a support/magic DPS combo! 
  • Options
    I also would like to play as a mage. I would like to do crafting to if that's possible or maybe have to make a new character for that
  • Options
    Said this a few times now, but primary will be tank with secondary of priest, or paladin if you will. In every MMO I have played if a paladin type class is there I will play it as my main, and I have yet to be disappointed with that choice. I will play most if not all of the classes eventually, just give me a 3 or 4 years :smile:
  • Options
    Varkun said:
    Said this a few times now, but primary will be tank with secondary of priest, or paladin if you will. In every MMO I have played if a paladin type class is there I will play it as my main, and I have yet to be disappointed with that choice. I will play most if not all of the classes eventually, just give me a 3 or 4 years :smile:
    With 64 combinations it takes a lot of time to play each one and make a fair judgement.
  • Options
    Mainly for doubling down on Rogue, but I want to see how effective or viable other combinations of classes are.
  • Options
    I'll probably double down on mage, but I'd like to see some more single target abilities, burst potential. I usually play Mage or Rogue archetypes so time and information will help me decided.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    The Predator class from one of Intrepids earlier videos definitely got my attention and I can not wait to see more updates on it. 

https://youtu.be/Ehx6mQ-EiW4
  • Options
    Relwoh said:
    I also would like to play as a mage. I would like to do crafting to if that's possible or maybe have to make a new character for that
    You can do both, no problem.  Your Adventuring classes (tank, mage, rogue, cleric, etc.), are seperate from your Artisan classes (gathering, processing, crafting).  

The Artisan classes are further broken down, with varying paths within the three major fields, given above.  You won't be able to master every path within the Artisan classes, though.  Blacksmithing, Animal Husbandry, Mining, Smelting...are just a few of the many paths.

• Options
    I feel like a kid waiting for  Santa!  Too many new toys to enjoy all at once!
  • Options
    I feel like a kid waiting for  Santa!  Too many new toys to enjoy all at once!
    Such a good way to put it!!!
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    IRL, I was privileged enough that Santa never missed a year.
    With MMORPGs, Santa has skipped to many years. I'm not at all convinced he will actually deliver Ashes.

But, it's still fun theorycrafting as if Santa will deliver.