Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Diffrent continents?

I hope this game will be big, and with that I'd also love to see more than one continent, that you could be able to travel too by boat or other means should they be available. 

How important is it for you guys that the world is huge? I'l get tired of the zones eventually if they were very limited 

Comments

• Options
    This is an awesome thought! They have confirmed that there will be islands only accessible by ships/boats, but continents would open up a whole lot of possibilities! Perhaps a "continent" could be like a sub-server in a cluster of servers? The ocean passages only open for a limited time to allow trade and/or invasion... I'm thinking vikings and the like :astonished:
  • Options
    I would love different continents, with a huge ocean in between with a bunch of islands. So I can full fill my fantasy of sailing the 7 seas in my underpants. 
  • Options
    I would approve of numerous continents, I could pursue the title of "Intercontinental Champion" and really impress the ladies ;)
  • Options
    If you could see the island from the beach it might be interesting. To much sea to navigate would put me off.
  • Options
    I would love to see more than one continent as well. I don't want to walk across the whole world in just one hour....i want to travel!!!
  • Options
    I think it will be dependant on how large the default map is and how varied it is environmentally
  • Options
    well there are oceans so I would say its a given already that the world will be huge I mean what's the point of boats if the map is not large 
  • Options
    Not just continents, but polar regions as well.

Can you imagine how trippy environments and creatures might get at the north and south poles of a fantasy world?
    And the potential for spectacular skies and landscapes, be they frozen like they are in our world or something else entirely?

Karthos said:
    I would love different continents, with a huge ocean in between with a bunch of islands. So I can full fill my fantasy of sailing the 7 seas in my underpants. 
    Imagine more seafaring obstacles to navigate around than just islands too.... but shipwrecks scattered around reefs and sandbars, and random sea storms!

So many possibilities. 
  • Options

Karthos said:
    Imagine more seafaring obstacles to navigate around than just islands too.... but shipwrecks scattered around reefs and sandbars, and random sea storms!

So many possibilities. 
    Yes! I love the idea of dynamic storms, or wandering sea monsters that you have to avoid. Maybe a huge floating piece of garbage that accumulated over the decades, like in real life.