Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

first person view

Do you think they will make first person perspective a thing? I like how it's been done in skyrim, and eso where it's basically viable to use both views. Its refreshing to change it up a little, and the first person view is always the most immersive one.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    I wouldn't mind it. It's really a preference thing, but it can be nice to look at things more closely in game. 
  • Options
    I'd like the option to really examine the details of the world and player characters, but I wouldn't use it for combat.
  • Options
    First person perspective would be nice. That would be quite nice to be able to scroll out with the mouse and move from first person to being able to see your own avatar running around. I hope they put that in.
  • Options
    I more then likely would not use it but the option would be nice. But not at the cost of delaying things and I was under the impression that it takes a good bit of time to implement. 
  • Options
    Anything that gives player more options is always a great thing 
  • Options
    I like looking at my avatar's badonkadonk.

And I tend to put camera so far high away from the target that it's almost looks MOBA style. Observing the ground like a bird, manipulating everything like Empire Earth/AoE etc. I want to see all the things happening around the character. But of course, First Person View makes it like I'm the one who's doing it and makes me more engaged with the action.
  • Options
    I find 3rd person to be more immersive, but...
    Different strokes.
  • Options
    Dygz said:
    Different strokes.
    it's more like the real deal, as we're constantly living in first person (obviously)
  • Options
    I'd play exclusively in first person, even if it wasn't optimal. I like first person much more 
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    Dygz said:
    Different strokes.
    it's more like the real deal, as we're constantly living in first person (obviously)
    I can generally see way more IRL than is available in 1st person view in video games.
    Also, way easier to see reflections of myself IRL than in video games.
    And, I prefer TV/movie storytelling.
    But, again, different strokes.
  • Options
    I find it odd that so many people were against implementing VR on the basis of "having to actually turn around and look at what's behind and around you." Yet, most of the same people wouldn't mind a first person view at all on the game-where you actually have to turn your entire character around to see, not just your head.  ;)

• Options
    I find it odd that so many people were against implementing VR on the basis of "having to actually turn around and look at what's behind and around you." Yet, most of the same people wouldn't mind a first person view at all on the game-where you actually have to turn your entire character around to see, not just your head.  ;)

hhahah i hope these arent the same people then. they could just implement a "fast turnaround" action, which would be both usefull and would create some tension when you're in dark dungeons and stuff, like a horror game (i love horror games)
  • Options
    i dont think so.
  • Options
    Do you think they will make first person perspective a thing? I like how it's been done in skyrim, and eso where it's basically viable to use both views. Its refreshing to change it up a little, and the first person view is always the most immersive one.

Thoughts?
    I was hyped when I heard that ESO was going to get first person view. But when the game launched, I used first person mode like 2 times... I guess I just don't like first person mode in mmorgps. I'm so used to third person mode in that genre.
  • Options
    It's a nice option to have but it's not for me :) I wouldn't use it (unless I needed to zoom in on something to have a closer look)
  • Options
    Diura said:
    It's a nice option to have but it's not for me :) I wouldn't use it (unless I needed to zoom in on something to have a closer look)

Character creation of a dwarf's pewnis. Once thats done, you have to zoom in until you're in first person mode so you can look down and see if it looks good just like in character creation. Valid reason to go in first person mode!

• Options
    About the only times I use first person mode is placing items in my house or if I am in close quarters and I can't see something because my avatar is blocking it.  Once I learned of 3rd person view, I have pretty much used it exclusively.

• Options
    I use it off and on. Depending on the situation. Sometimes I want more immersiveness. Sometimes I need a better view. /shrugs
  • Options
    First person is usually ok for melee classes, but mostly detrimental to ranged classes.
  • Options
    I wish they would allow you make char locked into first person view at creation and give them a unique title for it. "the focused" or something.
  • Options
    I prefer 3rd person myself. 

After watching some gameplay, I would like the ability to actually zoom out more. The ability to see entire battlefield would be a plus.