Necromancer

Is there gonna be a Necromancer class? If so, how will he play?

Comments

• Only 3 classes out of the 64 combinations have been confirmed. Necromancer was not one of them. It is likely to have summoner as either its primary or secondary archetype. I would guess summoner mage however its all speculation at this point.
  • Only 3 classes out of the 64 combinations have been confirmed. Necromancer was not one of them. It is likely to have summoner as either its primary or secondary archetype. I would guess summoner mage however its all speculation at this point.
    I really wish for a Necromancer...Kinda like in Diablo 3

I really wish for a Necromancer...Kinda like in Diablo 3

I'm sure they will include it. Its a very popular class in many games and i'm sure they won't cut it out.
  • Depending on how it's designed I'd be interested in playing a Necromancer. My only request is for it to be difficult to master to balance out the carnage it can unleash.
  • lexmax said:
    Depending on how it's designed I'd be interested in playing a Necromancer. My only request is for it to be difficult to master to balance out the carnage it can unleash.
    Necromancer is my favorite class in whatever game it is available...I always like it when it has more of a strategic feel to it
  • So you want to play with the dead do you
  • nagash said:
    So you want to play with the dead do you
    I sure do ;)
  • nagash said:
    So you want to play with the dead do you
    I sure do ;)
    then do I have the religion for you join now and learn about life, death and everything after for the price of a few drops of blood and your first born child 
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    Indeed...
  • I'd like to see a permanent lich form at the end of the tree. Since it's not an actual skill tree but a combination of 2 other skill tree's, i don't see this happening. That was one of the coolest things about Vanguard's Necros. At 50 you get a stance that gave you some lich bonuses and turned your face and hands into that of a lich (skeletal).

Needless to say, it was pretty damn cool. Rift kind of had a lich form too. But, it was a short term buff and all of your armor disappeared with it.
  • I mostly play a necromancer as second char if there is such class in a game but sometimes i get a little disapointed when the name is not representative for the actual skills. Like sometimes they can summon 1 mob all game long and thats it oO . 

I hope all classes in AoC will have nice looking and feeling skills. As i see so far the mage has a lot of cool stuff alrdy. I Rly hope they give such nice abilitys to all classes. I have friends who got a real hate on mmo mages cause they mostly are overtuned.

And how should i say .. i want them to feel a little overtuned and mighty but pls do that with all classes xD i want sick movement abilitys with a archer i want to feel like a wall with a tank and i want so summon alot of stuff with a necromancer. 
  • Agreed. Enough with the summon 1 skeleton crap. Let people raise several skeletons or zombies. Even if they're weak, it's still really cool to have your own little mob of peons that you could send at people. If a good collision system is actually in at least it could slow down your opponent in a new and interesting way.
  • There been a necromancer at work on this thread. :)

Necromancer has been confirmed, as to what they will be able to summon up and in what numbers time will tell, but I think it would be cool to see a little shambling group preceding their creator.
  • I think summoner should have necromancy path.
  • I believe that is what it will be Summoner -->insert other class here =Necromancer but I don't think we know the other class yet. The full list class names should be released around the 15th possibly the next live stream.
    edited December 2017
    Most likely in a post.

Steven-12/02/2017

@Most Undeserving Alpha I have till the end of Dec 15th to release the list

Most Undeserving Alpha-12/02/2017

@Steven im just messing, buttttttttt you definitely did say before ;)https://www.twitch.tv/videos/202168640 25:55

Steven-12/02/2017

Touché
    Very well. Then it shall be released before he 15th

• time to raise the dead in the name of me ^^
  • With a name like Summoner, I'm not getting my hopes up for a bunch of cool necro abilities. Archeage had a necromancer class too, but it was just a combination of occultism, witchcraft and vitalism. It really didn't have much of a necro feel. They got a summon fiend skill when 55 was introduced...

Unfortunately, I'm thinking they're doing something similar here. Here's hoping I'm wrong.
  • I hope that they go the summoned horde with one big main monster route, I always hated only having one undead out.
  • From what I have experienced. Summoners tend to have a single powerful summon. Necromancers are known for their large force of weaker minions. Powerful necromancers would have a single strong one. Like skeletons waving short swords while in the back is one with armor, helm, shield, sword. Leading the minions, so perhaps boosting their atk while it's active and the like.
  • From what I have experienced. Summoners tend to have a single powerful summon.

There will be Summoner/8 classes. So there could easily be one that looks Necromancer-like in skills.

• If  I'm allowed to raise the dead, then I have nothing wrong to say, even if the class is horrible in PVP I will still take it as my own and master it for such is the way of the lich 

• Most likely in a post.

Steven-12/02/2017

@Most Undeserving Alpha I have till the end of Dec 15th to release the list

Most Undeserving Alpha-12/02/2017

@Steven im just messing, buttttttttt you definitely did say before ;)https://www.twitch.tv/videos/202168640 25:55

Steven-12/02/2017

Touché
    Very well. Then it shall be released before he 15th

ummm... but he didnt -.-
    edited December 2017

Necromancer = Summoner / Cleric  B)
  • Gothix said:

Necromancer = Summoner / Cleric  B)
    *drool* So many summoner options
    edited December 2017
    What is the difference between a Necromancer, Shadowmancer and a Shadow Lord?

• As we only have 4 archetypes in an early alpha stage, the difference between most of those classes is only their names. As there's no skills behind those names these merely represent concepts that are yet to come.