Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

How A Necromancer Would Play

PVE Scenario:

The Necromancer has access to undead summoning. He can summon Skeletons, Wraiths and Ghosts by default. Another ability would be to summon dead enemies, but it has a cap like:
-6 Low tier enemies
-4 Mid Tier enemies
-2 High Tier
-1 Boss Tier

Keeping these minions on the field would cost resource bar (Mana or something), and the higher tier the enemy, the more mana it would consume, so Higher tier enemies would completely anihilate the battlefield for a few seconds but after using them, the Necromancer would be defenseless, due to the high mana cost. Lower tier minions could be buffed for higher defense or attack. The Necromancer could also cause debuffs to the enemy, like poison or bleed.

PVP Scenario:

Same mechanics as PVE, but maybe utilize the summoned minions in a more strategic manner. Think more in an RTS style. The Necromancer could sit in the sidelines while commanding his minions to slaughter unsuspecting players.

Comments

• Options
    PVE Scenario:

The Necromancer has access to undead summoning. He can summon Skeletons, Wraiths and Ghosts by default. Another ability would be to summon dead enemies, but it has a cap like:
    -6 Low tier enemies
    -4 Mid Tier enemies
    -2 High Tier
    -1 Boss Tier

Keeping these minions on the field would cost resource bar (Mana or something), and the higher tier the enemy, the more mana it would consume, so Higher tier enemies would completely anihilate the battlefield for a few seconds but after using them, the Necromancer would be defenseless, due to the high mana cost. Lower tier minions could be buffed for higher defense or attack. The Necromancer could also cause debuffs to the enemy, like poison or bleed.

PVP Scenario:

Same mechanics as PVE, but maybe utilize the summoned minions in a more strategic manner. Think more in an RTS style. The Necromancer could sit in the sidelines while commanding his minions to slaughter unsuspecting players.
    Not a bad idea but I think we can go all the way with the undead ^^
  • Options
    nagash said:
    PVE Scenario:

-6 Low tier enemies
    -4 Mid Tier enemies
    -2 High Tier
    -1 Boss Tier

PVP Scenario:

Not a bad idea but I think we can go all the way with the undead ^^
    I agree 
  • Options
    I'd like the ability to raise actual mobs as they die.  So as a standard you have your skelly/Lich following you around, but when you kill, you can then create an "army of the dead" from the fallen corpses.

Imagine PvP and seeing your "own self" fighting on the other side as a "risen", sure as hell going to put a mark on that Necro in PvP.
  • Options
    I imagine it like "Siegfried Von", just that you can change the composition as an example,
    skill 1:
    - level 1 summon 6 skeletal warriors          
    - level 2 summon 4 skeletons and 2 archers          
    - level 3 summon 2 skeletons warriors,
                  2 skeletons archer and 2 skelet tanks

skill 2:
    - level 1 summon 3 skeletal wolves          
    - level 2 summon 2 skeletal wolves and 1 skeletal magician          
    - level 3 summon 2 skeletal wolves, 1 skeletal magician
                                               and 1 death knight

skill 3:
    - level 1 summon 1 mini skelet dragon      
    - level 2 summon 2 mini skelet dragons         
    - level 3 summon 3 mini skelet dragons         
    - level 4 summon 1 big skelet dragon

skill 4:
    - level 1 summon 1 death knight, 1 death mage, 
                 1 death tank and 1 death shadow disciple (undead healer)        
    - level 2 to level 4, the setup remains the same
                  as the skills and the equipment gets better with each level

skill 5:
    - level 1 work with another Necromancer to summon the Deathlord         
    - level 2 work with 2 other Necromancers to summon Deathking         
    - level 3 work with 3 more Necromancers to summon the Ancient Death Dragon        
    - level 4 work with 4 other Necromancers to summon Thanatos (deathgod)

So that you are prepared for every sitation.

• Options
    I think we ought to have an Undead metropolis and Undead zone personally led by Nagash himself so that he may bring world peace to Verra by making everyone undead.  Not sure if he is up for it   though. :) 

Think that would be a great place for Necromancers and Summoners and Undead Knights.
  • Options
    In itself a good idea.
    Apart from the Nagash governed part. ;)

• Options
    Beside summonning undeads, skeletons, zombies etc. necromancer should have some debuff skills, life steal, resource drain. I know pets must be in class but if there be more than 2 pets active at same time (walking Zoo?) this would be absurd. For example decay which is DoT and slow enemy. Or grasping hands from ground immobilize-snare and AoE damage. But there is a thing necromancer class is mixing Sorcerer+Summoner but when we look at the skill system there are only 18 skills for each class including passives. Sorcerer has elemental skills mostly and they didn't published yet but summoner class will have mostly pet skills in my opinion. So how we will get original necromancer skills? I'm sure mixing elemental skills and pet skills will not give us the real necromancer that what we want.
  • Options
    Isn't this more of a general summoner idea rather than a necromancer specific one? I feel like this system could be applied to every type of summoner.
  • Options
    I don't even want to think of using a boss class enemy for fighting, I mean those usually require a group of players to take down, so imagine using one to farm exp or kill players in the open (if you manage to get one during such time)
  • Options
    Since Summoner/Cleric are the archetypes for Necromancer I think -

Summoner summons will be the same option across classes but cleric augments will add "give and take life" options which associate with your pet e.g

Summon "creature" that does damage to opponent + augment that uses pet HP to do additional damage to opponent (causes pet appearance to decay)

Summon "creature" pass health from your pet to yourself (causes pet appearance to decay)

Ya know like this kinda things but better because I'm not very good of thinking up skills ^^
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited January 2018
    I think you all need to go back to what a "Necromancer" is. Necromancers are historically defined by several things. Minions, Damage over time abilities, various Debuffs such as reduced healing and slows, and life swap abilities, which replenish the Necromancer's health pool by draining his enemies.

Since Summoner is the primary class, we can assume!! that the class will be minion based. IF we assume that, then there are several archetypes that can be filled here:

1)Minions are semi permanent summons which use abilities that would comprise of the major of the Necromancer's damage and debuffs, whereas the Necromancer himself would spend time as a "support" class for his own minions, buffing them, healing them, etc. 

2)Minions are a temporary summon, meaning that they are both expendable and cheap. This route revolves around Necromancers summoning hoards of these minions to wear enemies down. Whether or not the minions have large debuffs themselves or if the Necromancer applies most debuffs is optional, but in this scenario the Necromancer works much like a siege engine, summoning minions, and perhaps sacrificing those same minions as a resource for certain spells which could be used to change the pace and outcome of otherwise lost or more even battles.

3) A more rarely seen archetype, The Necromancer can become a frontline fighter, drawing immense strength from his summoned undead to work as a pseudo tank. In this scenario, the Necromancer himself is not the primary damage dealer, but forces enemy attention onto him while his minions destroy the enemy. You can almost think of this as a Death Knight class archetype.

4)The minions exist solely to tank and as secondary DPS. The vast majority of debuffs and damage is coming from the Necromancer himself. In this archetype, the Necromancer is classic artillery, focusing his mana onto damage. The tank minions will use taunt abilities and generate tons of hate so that the Necromancer remains both safe and secure. In this archetype the "drain" aspect is mostly used to heal your meat shields.