Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What node/metropolis would you want to live in?

Each have their benefits but which would you want to live in, for either game play or role play reasons?

Comments

• Options
    I voted Military Node the last time this poll came up but since then I've really liked the idea of the potential for crime and the need for mercenary players in and Economy Node.

Plus I like to make rich friends, and am looking for a Sugar Daddy come release ;)
  • Options
    Karthos said:
    looking for a Sugar Daddy come release ;)
    Well that is not a response i saw coming XD
  • Options
    I need an anarchist node, where us Viking/pirate vagabond types can assemble. 
    But since that isn't a choice...I'll go with military.
  • Options
    I read that as "Anti-Christ Node" and was thinking that worshipping Satan may fit more nder Religious Node
  • Options
    Lols, tbh i don't like any of the Nodes - they all have their Ups-&-Downs
     so by default, I'll choose Divine - seems to be most balanced imo
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    Probably should've made a choice for None ?  :p
  • Options
    I would choose economic as I like the fact that because it is based off of wealth, anyone can become the ruler and people who are not guild leaders have a chance to go for it.
  • Options
    Eragale said:
    Probably should've made a choice for None ?  :p
    Good point, didn't think of that XD
  • Options
    Karthos said:
    I read that as "Anti-Christ Node" and was thinking that worshipping Satan may fit more nder Religious Node
    Ah, yeah. I would probably not be found there gauging by my degree in Biblical Theology. Lol
  • Options
    We are in agreement Sir. Really need criminal type nodes for us rapscallions but at least with war comes lots of looting and pillaging so its going to be militaristic for now.  
  • Options
    Karthos said:
    I voted Military Node the last time this poll came up but since then I've really liked the idea of the potential for crime and the need for mercenary players in and Economy Node.
    Oh! What kinds of crimes are you expecting in an Economic node?
  • Options
    Dygz said:
    Karthos said:
    Oh! What kinds of crimes are you expecting in an Economic node?
    Tax evasion
  • Options
    Seeing as how I want to become a Cleric/Cleric who shoots up the ranks within a or multiple religious organization(s), I'd like to live in a religious metropolis.
  • Options
    *sings* It's all about the money money money!
  • Options
    I feel like an economic node with good enough ties and usefulness to everyone in the land might end up lasting a fair amount of time. Leaving the other nodes for power grabs by other guilds etc.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Divine

The Grand Lightblade loves the idea of helping people to gain leadership status.
  • Options
    If I am correct we know some of the benefits that economic/scientific nodes grant while we don't fully know what divine/military nodes have. Not knowing the benefits of divine/military I would have to say economic because the variety of shops in there such as crafters would be drifted towards that node the most. I also think that It would have the strongest community with everyone wanting to sell their goods by showing everything or wanting to hire mercs or thievery happening around the city.
  • Options
    Down with the infidels. All that don't support our Golden age of Knowledge shall be purged repeatedly. You can buy as many leather jerkins you want at your economic node, but my elemental enhanced mithril sword will slice through it like butter. (or lasers, if we had lasers!)
  • Options
    Karthos said:

Plus I like to make rich friends, and am looking for a Sugar Daddy come release ;)
    Didn't realize I didn't provide you with enough sugar.. Ded2Me

I am torn between Science and Economic, I'll wait to see more mechanics to make my final decision.
  • Options
    Karthos said:

I am torn between Science and Economic, I'll wait to see more mechanics to make my final decision.
    It's for both of us dear!
  • Options
    Not sure yet, I guess economic but...
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    As I understand the gods are real in the game, they are also prone to mingle with the mortals and give them boons. So I¨l go with the gods to get them to give me even more boons and power. Who wouldnt want a real god to help you out! way to OP!

• Options
    Torn between Economic and Religious.   Might find  more exotic teas in the Economic node.  But then again the Religious node would most likely have the better vineyards and wines! 
  • Options
    Karthos said:
    Karthos said:

It's for both of us dear!
    You better have my beer and chicken pot pie ready when I get home!
  • Options
    Hopefully in and economic node there would be less PKing. Having said that it might be safer to be with them in a Militaristic node. Difficult to know at this point
  • Options
    divine depending which god or gods 
  • Options
    Relwoh said:
    Hopefully in and economic node there would be less PKing. Having said that it might be safer to be with them in a Militaristic node. Difficult to know at this point
    I feel like Militaristic would be a lot safer and less PKing as long as you are a citizen within that node. I feel like most people who take part in that will be very nodalistic (nationalistic lel) and go that route while listening to/following the strongest in that node. Economic would probably have the most PKing in it because of it being basically all about the trading and what not.
  • Options
    The one that offers drinkin, whorin, and gamblin'; everything that comes natural to a man.

--Judge Roy Bean
  • Options
    In the last poll of this nature, I voted Divine.  And, I''m truly torn between the two.

I like the idea of gods interacting with mortals.  Sounds extremely fun, and rife with RP potential.

On the other hand, my character is going to be magic-based.  And, if Scientific nodes are dedicated to the "science" of studying higher forms of magic, then that appeals to me, as well.

• Options
    You better pray!