Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Reputation within a node

Looking how the leader of a divine node is chosen, do you think that there will be a reputation system within all the nodes which, after reaching a certain amount, could allow you to buy node type specific gear or cosmetics. How reputation is earned could be from both helping to level the node as well as certain reputation specific quests.
You could therefore also loose reputation if you were to attack caravans but let someone escape or something else along those lines,
There are a fair few ways this could be done and at the same time might not be done at all. I feel it would be a good feature so you feel like you are acknowledged for your contribution (or your hindrance) to a specific node.

Comments

• It's all guess work at this stage but basing it on the individual contribution to a node is a fine idea. It could be democratic of course as governments of sorts have been mentioned, and it could all come down to vote.
  • I was thinking of an overall system outside of just choosing a city leader. I only mention the divine leader selection as that is what got me thinking about reputations possibilities to start with.
  • Then we must out and collect votes and kiss babies! ahahahah
  • I feel this will be a game where your social reputation will matter as well. If you're a complete dickbag to everyone, you will be treated accordingly. 
  • @BaddiNaddi according to the Devs, divine node leadership is decided based on service quests.

The meaning of "service quests" is not clear, but one way of doing this would be something like religions in SkyForge, where you complete quests to level up your religious order. Your order in turn grants you buffs and abilities based on its progression. Under this system the mayor of a religious node would be the person with the most powerful order at the end of each month.

In Skyforge my order was so powerful I could face off with someone in divine form (pretty much the equivalent of god mode) while still in mortal form. I'm hoping that the advantage of levelling your religion/order in Ashes would provide similar significant benefits, but would also be engaging and challenging to keep levelling.