Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Hello! Time to pull up a chair, get comfy, and play the waiting game....

Hello everyone!

I've been a sneaky lurker here on the forums for awhile, but I've decided to jump into the fray and introduce myself. 

I'm loving the community here. I've spent some time reading up on threads and listening to that super long guild fair video. :) I think I've got a feel on who people are, and I look forward to making connections and getting to know you all. 

Over the past few years I've been pretty invested in GW2. Occasionally I play BDO to mix it up a bit. I've tried many mmos and I've felt the hype and disappointment before, so I'm trying not to get my hopes too high, but everything I've heard about this game makes me believe that maybe someone actually gets it this time. I've made a pledge and I plan to follow the development closely. Here's hoping this is the one!

As a player I enjoy many aspects of gaming. I'm more on the hardcore spectrum and enjoy min/maxing, metas, pvp, and raiding, but I also have a huge appreciation for artistry and a beautiful immersive world. I'm an explorer at heart. 

I'll be around here waiting with you all, feel free to say hi anytime! 

Comments

• Options
    Angelcry  Nice to have you join us!  We do indeed have a nice community here.  Ashes and Intrepid has us all hoping once again for that special game.  It's been too many years for most of us.  Though we are hyped, we are all still on the cautious  side and hoping for the best.   The developers are gamers  themselves and have experienced the failure of many games not meeting people's expectations and I hope this keeps them heading in the right direction.

So that being said, welcome to our community!
  • Options
    Welcome aboard!
    One of us, one of us, one of us...
  • Options
    Hey welcome!

If you like meeting the people, come to https://discord.gg/AshesOfCreation.  If you go into the voice chat channel, people will come join you.  We all lurk on other servers, but a lot of us like to say hi!

Look forward to chatting.  :)

-tug

• Options
    @Angelcry
    Welcome, welcome, welcome! Nice to have you aboard! Yes, the community here is great, and it's one of the things that's just really increasing the hype-train, at least for me. I mean, it's this great, what can we build when we get into the game?

Yeah, I still maintain my realistic, pragmatic view of things. But that doesn't negate hoping! So again, welcome aboard, and should we call this the "hope-train" rather than hype-train? Hmmmm ...
  • Options
    Welcome to the ashes of creation community
  • Options
    Image result for comfy chair
  • Options
    Welcome @Angelcry :) Yes, grab a seat in our massively multiplayer online waiting room and share some war stories with the rest of us. I was a big fan of BDO, but the excessive grinding and the cash store wore me down in the end.
  • Options
    Welcome to the community, @Angelcry!  Happy to have you join us.
  • Options
    Welcome to our community! o/
  • Options
    A very warm welcome, fellow traveler!

Angelcry said:
     I also have a huge appreciation for artistry and a beautiful immersive world. I'm an explorer at heart. 
    Me too, me too. AoC promises breathtaking scenarios and an overall amazing atmosphere... I really hope Intrepid will materialize their vision, 'cause what I've seen so far it is simply captivating.
  • Options
    Thanks all for the warm welcome! :D 

@Karthos That looks like a comfortable chair, I'll take it! So when I reach forum level 3 do I get one that reclines? cupholders? That's how this game works right? 

lexmax said:
     I was a big fan of BDO, but the excessive grinding and the cash store wore me down in the end.
    Yeah, it's rough out there. The whole failstacking and RNG element kills me. i cri evrytiem. When I realized if I wanted to be a top geared player I would have to sell my soul, I've kinda taken to just breeding horses and enjoying the world for the funs. 
  • Options
    Welcome
  • Options
    Angelcry said:

@Karthos That looks like a comfortable chair, I'll take it! So when I reach forum level 3 do I get one that reclines? cupholders? That's how this game works right? 
    Yes!  *HonestSageNodWithShiftyEyes*

Karthos will craft one,
    Isende can make it recline through mindpower,
    Possum will provide a fan to keep you cool,
    CylverRayne will provide you with sweet treats,
    Diura will lull you gently with music (largely provided by frogs),
    Relwoh will watch over you vigilantly,
    SaeyoPrayers will make you laugh out loud
    Tugowar will entertain you with heroic stories
    Rhoqaro will help make the place... just seem more beautiful

Or not. who am I to know  :p

Welcome onboard, enjoying things just for the funs seems the best way to go :smiley:
  • Options
    Megs said:
    Angelcry said:

Yes!  *HonestSageNodWithShiftyEyes*

Karthos will craft one,
    Isende can make it recline through mindpower,
    Possum will provide a fan to keep you cool,
    CylverRayne will provide you with sweet treats,
    Diura will lull you gently with music (largely provided by frogs),
    Relwoh will watch over you vigilantly,
    SaeyoPrayers will make you laugh out loud
    Tugowar will entertain you with heroic stories
    Rhoqaro will help make the place... just seem more beautiful

Or not. who am I to know  :p

Welcome onboard, enjoying things just for the funs seems the best way to go :smiley:
    Thanks Megs. lol. ^^ That's quite the assembly line. But hey, if we're gunna be here awhile, might as well make it enjoyable, right? 
  • Options

I'm just glad to be on the show.  :)

• Options
    Welcome @Angelcry! I hope you have a great time with the community!