Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Controller?

Will we be able to connect a USB controller to our PC and be able to play the game like so, or will ashes be strictly keyboard only? If not, will we be able to later on, after a acquired amount of time? Any information, thoughts, and opinions are appreciated! Thank you all.

Comments

• Options
    They have said in the past during video Q&As that in their opinion traditional MMOs should be keyboard and mouse. There were no plans to make it controller accessible. So if you managed to use a controller emulator on something similar to WOW or GW2, you might be able to get one to work. But they have said no. Will that change? Could be, but they aren't really looking into the extra work, or dumbing down the interface to make it match an Asian MMO controller interface ala FFX14.
  • Options
    I don't think anything has been said yet.  I do know that many games now give an option to use controllers.  I think Ashes will follow this also.   I have a G13 game pad that I use many times but am more comfortable with my KB.  Then again I wasn't raised on consoles and I prefer pc games :D   
  • Options
    a controller for a mmo?  seriously?
  • Options
    I don't use "controllers" but I do use these when playing MMOs. You can bind the buttons to any key. 

My beloved original G13 <3 ... which I just reacquired from Amazon!

My Razer orbweaver... great controller but no match for the classic G13!
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    lexmax said:

They got those things in RGB now?  I'm so out of touch!
  • Options
    lexmax said:

They got those things in RGB now?  I'm so out of touch!
    The colors are a little gimmicky to be honest. I turned mine off in the first week. Not a big fan of glowy flashing lights everywhere... except the ones in your poledancing room of course Rumble ;)
  • Options
    I don't think anything has been said yet.  I do know that many games now give an option to use controllers.  I think Ashes will follow this also.   I have a G13 game pad that I use many times but am more comfortable with my KB.  Then again I wasn't raised on consoles and I prefer pc games :D  
    Back in the day I was raised on both.  :) But anyways that's my issue lol. I don't have the money at the moment for a keyboarded mouse. those are a little expensive. I'm almost at my goal of buying a house, so I'm pinching pennies here lol. when December hits I should have one by then. also thank you all for the answers and opinions! Sorry for not responding sooner, my gaming rig was temporarily down.

• Options
    Even without official gamepad support, you can still use software to map input to controller buttons.