Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

[INFORMATIION] PAX(Ranger)

RANGER

RANGER at PAX is a BOW WIELDING ranger. Rangers will have a minimum distance from target in order to use bow.

POWERSHOT : A charge up bow attack. Longer you hold the shot - the more damage dealt. (It is being discussed if the attack will penetrate through a target and carry on hitting further targets).

SNARE : A footpin shot to slow target down.

MARK TARGET : Markshot debuffs the target so that the target takes additional damage from ANY OTHER source of incoming damage. Will put effects on the target so that other party members can see that the target is under the effect of the debuff.

DASH ABILITY : To pull the ranger out of a precarious situation. Ranger will be able to use a follow up shot once activated a dash.

PREPARE SHOTS BUFF : *Grabs arrows out of their quiver - place it into the ground* and as long as Ranger is within proximity of those arrows they ranger  will have boosted damage on the next couple of shots

KEYSTROKE : Launches a primary shot that leads into a (maybe) a two arrow shot and into some kind of arcane shot.

RANGER ULTIMATE : A rain of arrows. Lay down a template out in the battlefield and then going to cast up the shots into the air and rain down on the template zone.

RANGER UTILITY : Tracker skill to see hidden physical things e.g creature/payer leaving behind footprints.

Comments

• This class sounds wonderful, it will be fun to play it, good job @Diura
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    This Class seems familiar to the SevenSwords Archer Class. Which is a decent start for this Ranger Class tbh  ;)

( an MMO from " Asobimo Company " )
  • Dude I don't like ranger all that much but right now I LOVE their kit, just from the skills that they spoke about the other day i'm stuck imagining some of the augmentations that will/can be added, I spoke about some in another thread where you could do a simple mage augment onto the snare shot to make it root or a healing powershot if ur cleric, but I just thought of the dash ability with ranger/tank where you do the dash and you shoot a wall out that is impassable for afew seconds or blocks a certain area that they have to move around in tight quarters.
  • This will be my class.  I can't wait.....  Oh, wait OK I can wait ... Lucky PAX goers. Thanks for the write-up @Diura.
  • Ranger/Rogue, why? To become the most infamous bandit of all merchants and players! Before getting my arse kicked by someone actually more skill/geared than me :(
  • iLician said:
    Dude I don't like ranger all that much but right now I LOVE their kit, just from the skills that they spoke about the other day i'm stuck imagining some of the augmentations that will/can be added, I spoke about some in another thread where you could do a simple mage augment onto the snare shot to make it root or a healing powershot if ur cleric, but I just thought of the dash ability with ranger/tank where you do the dash and you shoot a wall out that is impassable for afew seconds or blocks a certain area that they have to move around in tight quarters.
    I can't imagine augments at all so I'll need to wait till Devs reveal the augments when they do :3 I actually really like these base Rangear skills - but I never play rangers in other mmos so can't compare. The Mark Target skill is going to be sweet especially if you can get your team to focus on the target or savour some ultimate skills on for using with the Mark Target debuff :3

• Rouge/ranger for me!! confirmed!!!
  • Going to be curious to see how the minimum distance works out. 
  • Great work @Diura!

• They remind me of vanilla WoW hunters which I liked a lot. I do imagine that there will be a couple close range skills for the rangers to us to escape. Thanks again, Diura.
  • They have shown us a little bit of Rouge/Ranger but I'm curious on what Ranger/Rouge will be like.
  • Looks a lot like ESO from the description
  • Main character in ESO is a Ranger like (stam dps dagger/bow)..so in AoC my first initiazl character will be a ranger as well.

Some skill seem to be near the one I have in ESO... but honestly it's pure speculation.
    Got to see how they work in combat, how they perform etc. We're so far from the release date and so many things can change until that date.