Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

[INFORMATION] PAX(Mage)

MAGE

MAGE at PAX will be a SPELLBOOK wielding mage. The spellbook will allow the mage to draw energy from ARCANE magic and do damage at RANGE.

FIREBALL *gasp* : Fast cast targeted spell that deals splash damage in an AOE template. Mage chooses a point of impact for this fireball. (might not see at PAX but has the potential to light targets on fire and have certain conditions - and maybe environmental influences too).

ICE PRISM : A long casting ROOT SPELL. Lay down shards of ice that fully root a target. Currently does not do damage. Pure CC

LIGHTNING BOLT : A line template of an attack that involves the mage determining the direction of the bolt and striking targets and dealing damage within that line.

SELF TELEPORT : Allows the mage some mobility. Mage will teleport depending on direction facing.

MIRROR IMAGE : BUFF SKILL *Mage casts and creates a shimmer around them* if mage is attacked - buff increases evasion. Mirror breaks after so many attacks

KEYSTROKE : Precision window keystroke unique to weapon type. Not detailed in stream.

MAGE ULTIMATE : Earth Eruption - A huge AoE earthquake that is going to be a line template of an attack that is casting forward from the direction of the mage is facing that is going to trip opponents and deal damage when it impacts targets. Will be a broad line template as the skill is supposed to be “devastating to enemy targets”.

MAGE UTILITY : Detect magic - Be able to see magically hidden points of interest in their local area e.g an illusion wall that is hiding a secret passageway.

Comments

• Options
    Darkness blacker than black and darker than dark,
    I beseech thee, combine with my deep crimson.
    The time of awakening cometh.
    Justice, fallen upon the infallible boundary,
    appear now as an intangible distortions!
    I desire for my torrent of power a destructive force:
    a destructive force without equal!
    Return all creation to cinders,
    and come frome the abyss!
    Explosion!
  • Options
    Oh, blackness shrouded in light,
    Frenzied blaze clad in night,
    In the name of the crimson demons,
    let the collapse of thine origin manifest.
    Summon before me the root of thy power hidden within the lands
    of the kingdom of demise!
    Explosion!
  • Options
    Image result for gif run you fools
  • Options
    I think mages will be awesome but can very rarely bring myself to play them. 
  • Options
    I think mages will be awesome but can very rarely bring myself to play them. 
    To hot to handle PJ?

• Options
    Wow, mages look pretty badass.
  • Options
    Thanks for putting the effort in @Diura! Great resource ;)
  • Options
    Teleport and mirror image are so fun. I'm glad a lot of these spells are seeming to be inspired by D&D. Thanks for all of this, Diura.
  • Options
    Sylkana, The Angel of Magic, appreciates your efforts ;)
  • Options
    I"m guessing that they didn't go into detail on all the abilities since I don't see any mention on the sphere that lets the mage levitate in most of their demo videos
  • Options
    Ruladian said:
    I"m guessing that they didn't go into detail on all the abilities since I don't see any mention on the sphere that lets the mage levitate in most of their demo videos
    These are the skills available for PAX West not for official Ashes :3 They must have decided the light sphere and levitate were not "combat" enough for PAX and that they want to show off different skills. :3
  • Options
    That mage ultimate is a little concerning.  I love it for sure, so don't get me wrong, but being an AOE ability could prove problematic in raid groups depending on the mechanics of the fight.  This may hinder the mage's ability to use the ultimate when it's available.
  • Options
    @warkov The same could be said of the Ranger ultimate. I would like to think the ultimates are tied to the weapons though because it wouldn't make sense for a Ranger to shoot a rain of arrows if he is dual wielding daggers...
  • Options
    Zastro said:
    @warkov The same could be said of the Ranger ultimate. I would like to think the ultimates are tied to the weapons though because it wouldn't make sense for a Ranger to shoot a rain of arrows if he is dual wielding daggers...
    That's right the class ultimate is tied to weapon
    https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/34059/information-pax-classes-and-skill-types#latest
    More details here ^^
  • Options
    I love Mages 
  • Options
    That seems really awesome, but idk why I just can't bare playing casters
  • Options
    Novasc said:
    That seems really awesome, but idk why I just can't bare playing casters
    Maybe nudity isn't your thing?
  • Options
    It's an interesting choice that mages wield elemental magic as a whole.

I kind of prefer magic being magic at its base and you then choose the elemental branch to specialize in. Of course that might have not been an option in AoC with how things are being designed.