Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

How long will it take to reach max level cap

Comments

• Options
    I don't know if anyone can answer that question since we don't even know what is the max level, at least I don't, and from what I've seen and heard there will be multiples ways to gain experience, so if by grinding you mean constantly killing mobs over and over, then no. However, we don't know which way is the most optimal to level up, if there are other ways since the game is in PRE-alpha.
    Don't know if my answer helped you but I hope it did.
  • Options
    Intrepid has not announced what the level cap will be or even what style of xp gain will be used.  I understand what you are trying to do, albeit poorly so that is your answer.
  • Options
    We don't know how quick it will be to level yet however they seem to put a lot of thought into the story of each quest so it shouldn't feel like a grind. At the same time each person will have a different experience so it is hard to say.
  • Options
    What is a grind for one game is quick levelling to another.. what do you consider a grind?
  • Options
    They have said there will be many ways to level and to gain experience.
    One man's grind is another man's adventure.
  • Options
    They have an idea but aren’t announcing it. The concept is around 50, but thats a maybe (not decided).
    No grind, grind refers to repetition and getting nowhere. There will be progression paths which will require time, however. - As stated by the devs in the pastQuesting will be the primary means of getting experience but by no means be the only way. Exploration, crafting, events, and of course killing monsters will all contribute to your character’s growth. We want to reward people for playing and participating in a sort of big picture way. You’ll probably see your character gain experience from weird things you haven’t seen in the past.

• Options
    Honestly I hope it takes a Final Fantasy XI or Everquest 1 stance. Where you aren't max level after a day or two of power grinding.
  • Options
    Hopefully there is some kind of grind in the end game, but they said there will be no grind in traditional sense when you level up.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    Thank you all for your time, I hope it will be good game and we see each other in game...
  • Options
    Call me crazy but I like pre NF DAoC leveling were it could take a few months to reach max level. They are the only characters I actually remember were I was when I finally hit lvl 50. It just felt more rewarding not to mention when you said "ding 50" in alliance chat it was a big deal because it was a real accomplishment and not something that could be knocked out in a few days. 
  • Options
    " Call me crazy but I like pre NF DAoC leveling were it could take a few months to reach max level. They are the only characters I actually remember were I was when I finally hit lvl 50. It just felt more rewarding not to mention when you said "ding 50" in alliance chat it was a big deal because it was a real accomplishment and not something that could be knocked out in a few days. "
    Never played it, but the fact that it took longer than, ( at least )  1 month ... already sounds good  :/
  • Options
    Call me crazy but I like pre NF DAoC leveling were it could take a few months to reach max level. They are the only characters I actually remember were I was when I finally hit lvl 50. It just felt more rewarding not to mention when you said "ding 50" in alliance chat it was a big deal because it was a real accomplishment and not something that could be knocked out in a few days. 
    As an ex daoc player i whole heartidly agree. Dings meant something in those days ;)
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    Eragale said:
    " Call me crazy but I like pre NF DAoC leveling were it could take a few months to reach max level. They are the only characters I actually remember were I was when I finally hit lvl 50. It just felt more rewarding not to mention when you said "ding 50" in alliance chat it was a big deal because it was a real accomplishment and not something that could be knocked out in a few days. "
    Never played it, but the fact that it took longer than, ( at least )  1 month ... already sounds good  :/
    Oh it was. As @Ziz stated levels meant something in that game because you had to work for them but it wasn't just a grind. Back then you actually met random people at the hot leveling spots out in the world and formed friendships that lasted through several games and many years. 

I actually logged back in not to long ago just to run around the old spots. Crazy how games have changed were everything can be done in an instance dungeon or you just get power leveled by guild mates in a few days while the entire time no one says a word. I'm hoping AoC can bring back some of that interaction that made DAoC so great. 
  • Options
    No idea of the level cap or if anyone can answer that question itself, however, there will be several ways to gain experience. It will always be a grind, but it won't be the same for everyone. You will be able to be creative and I imagine certain grind methods will advance your experience in set areas much faster than other ways. 
  • Options
    Didn't Steven say about 45 days to reach max level (for the average player).  
  • Options

Comments from Q&A_with_Steven_in_Discord_2017-05-14#Max_level_is_what.3F_.28tris375.29

Max level is what? (tris375)[10]

1. We have an idea, but we aren’t announcing it. The conception is that it’s 50, but that may be, but it’s not decided.
     TheLazyPeon_Q&A_2017-05-15#.5B24:20.5D_Is_the_game_going_to_be_leveling_through_quest_or_grind.3F

Is the game going to be leveling through quest or grind?[12]

1. No grind. Grind sucks. We hate the grind.
    2. Need to disassociate the word “grind” with “time”
      1. There’s a lot of things that involve time that can progress your character
      2. Repetition won’t be a part of that progression
      3. We want enough stuff to do in the game where you “can’t do them all”
      4. Want people to see the fruits of their effort while they are doing things.
      5. We want it to be fun, we don’t want it to be work
    3. We’ve designed a lot of different paths for you to choose from
  • Options
    I'm very happy with what I"m reading so far.....I think, as many of the previous posters said, it should take a while, where dings(levels) actually mean something. 
    Remember, one loves something more earned than given.
  • Options
    Balrog21 said:
    I'm very happy with what I"m reading so far.....I think, as many of the previous posters said, it should take a while, where dings(levels) actually mean something. 
    Remember, one loves something more earned than given.
    Exactly, nobody ever cares about what is given to them, but can become very attached and even love something they've work for or earned. Bring on at least some sorta grind.
    I personally only like questing when it gives rewards other than xp/gear. Maybe like BDO has it were the quests help you progress a different aspect of the game rather than lvl/gear.
  • Options
    So long as you feel you have achieved something by getting there, it does not matter how long it takes you.
    There will always be someone who will get there faster than you do, but I hope it will be months not days.
  • Options
    it's not about the destination it's about the journey
  • Options
    I want a lvl100 cap. Plain and simple. Make something like lvl50 a soft cap so that players know that more content will be released while allowing players to still receive exp towards lvl51+ from groups raids/pvp related quests. You'll still be viable at 50 for everything so "grinding" is only necessary if you want to be a hardcore player.

I reached 81/35 on Florensia (that's land lvl/sea lvl) when the soft cap was 74/35. There was no huge push to pass that but then again it was a much smaller game. So I guess I really don't know what I want for leveling lol.

Screw it. Doesn't matter. Just want to throw some sexy parties :open_mouth:
  • Options
    i would like a system with no cap just diminishing returns. So progress can always be made.
  • Options
    I feel it's important to approach this game from a different perspective. I believe the MMO community as a whole has been conditioned over the years to look at games as a series of well timed dopamine releases.

Now I am certain the devs are very concerned with reward structure and progression, but in my mind the experience this game is providing is the reward, not the next level. I'm not saying levels and gear aren't important, but if all you're focused on is getting to the end, I think you'll miss the magic of what they're trying to do here.
  • Options
    Call me crazy, but I like the idea of levelling up in the old forum RP way.
    You start out as a nobody, or maybe someone with basic skills, and the more you use the sword, the better you become at it. The more you cast that fireball, the more efficient it becomes. Etc. I generally don't like gear to determine strength level.