A Wild Saru Appears!

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited July 2017 in The Newly Arrived

Friends and beautiful people of the interwebs,

My name is David Angel, however more known for my commonly used moniker around the lands of the online world as Sarumonin. Much like previous registrants here in this beautiful forum board, I too have been playing games since I was a child. As for the MMORPG genre, I only really started in my teen years - which gave me a brand new insight into the online world. I've always enjoyed the MMO genre, as I feel it brings the world closer rather than realizing the truth of how distant we all are as people due to diverse locations.

I've ran guilds, gaming communities, and groups of fans for games in order to hype up games since a young age. I ran my first clan at the age of 13 called The Blood Ravens, which of course didn't last very long - about two years to be accurate. After this, I started to look more into fast paced games, which is when I learned of GunZ from Ijji Games. The game was fun, the staff was great and I received my first job as Moderator, which eventually turned me into a volunteer Game Master (GM) [Volunteer due to my age at the time] and I began learning the ins and outs of community management. After a couple of years working with Ijji, they unfortunately shut down and merged with Aeria Games. I've been working as a PR Manager, Marketing Consultant and a "Hype Meter" behind the scenes for gaming companies in North America - and as of recently have stepped down from those titles to focus on my own fun. I was also a part of Guardians of the Light, which didn't last that long as after a few months I decided to create "Eterna Gaming". Eterna became a huge name fast, worldwide. Helping MMORPG communities grow, with asking in return other than growth and positivity. Again, the community grew way too fast. Over the 4 years it was a brand, over 5,000 players had registered with us and though we loved the strength and love for the MMO genre, we had to tear down the whole brand earlier this year. I now lead a brand new gaming community known as Ascendum Gaming and it's been a great learning experience - as a Guild Leader, Community Manager and someone who had to take care of all the PR work. 

With Ashes of Creation, I've been extremely excited since the announcement in December and decided to work with a couple of people to hype the game a bit - such as DeathsProxy. There was a Discord created for the game the same day as the announcement, and we were gathering fans from other games such as Revelation Online, Dark and Light, Archeage and other AAA titles that has not yet made their spotlight or died off. At this point, we had Steven join the Discord and after a few weeks of discussion and different ideas introduced, Steven took over the Discord and made it the Official Ashes of Creation Discord. Since then, we've watched the community grow and I became a Moderator on January of this year with my fellow Mods @Shunex, @Cemmos and @DeathsProxy.

Personally, not as Moderator - just a simple fan for Ashes of Creation, I am extremely excited to see this community grow and flourish. With so many MMORPGs, publishers and developers of all tiers promising the world and failing to deliver, I have my full trust in Intrepid Studios. To state the obvious, this is the last MMORPG that I put my faith into, as I am sure hundreds of thousands of players side with me on this thought. 

I can't wait to see you all in-game and enjoying the world that Intrepid has created. Much love to you all. <3

[I realized I never posted here, so I thought better late than never!]

Comments

• Fun read @Sarumonin! Look forward to seeing you in game also, if not before. Thanks for all the hard work that you and the mods put into making this forum community what it is.   

• Wooooo Welcome Saru!
  • Shunex said:
    Wooooo Welcome Saru!

Thank you friend, it's so nice to be here. I have a question though, can I play the game right now?
  • Yeaaaaaay welcome to the forums @Sarumonin o/
  • Sarumonin said:
    Shunex said:
    Wooooo Welcome Saru!

Thank you friend, it's so nice to be here. I have a question though, can I play the game right now?
    sadly no the game isn't released until 2019/2020 however there is a Store open on the website where you can purchase access to different testing periods starting late 2018, and you also can win keys for the Alpha 0 (Invite Only) phase later this year for more information regarding the Alpha 0 and the weekly drawings checkout this thread here https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/6085/information-regarding-weekly-key-drawings/p1
  • Yes, you can! Just hack Intrepid's system, get their game's Pre-alpha launcher and retrieve the datas about the future development and find a team willing to program everything for you overnight.
    Easy as taking a candy from a baby.
  • An official welcome to the forums!  I visit discord but rarely speak.   I  guess I am a lurker. Actually that's my rogue twin.   
    Anyways it's nice to have you among us! 
  • Hi @Sarumonin. I didn't read your essay ;) but I hope you like it in the forums. So long as you avoid those twisted moderators, you should be aight :tongue:
  • Nice post, Saru.  :)  So, just curious... will you ever do the Guild Fair again?  Or are you not recovered from the last one?
  • I love how so many people are just raising each others hype of one another!
    I keep trying to get my friends to join me in my hype and help the kick starter but none seem to be the type to go for kick starters sadly. Their choice of course but I plan on keep spreading the word so the community continues to grow.
  • Possum said:
    Nice post, Saru.  :)  So, just curious... will you ever do the Guild Fair again?  Or are you not recovered from the last one?
    That's up to Intrepid :smile:

• Welcome to the community forum
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    Wow. I don't see the span of time over which these transitions happened, but I'm willing to bet  it's at least been 10-15 years. This kid's got a lot to learn with MMOs
    This kid refers to me, btw.
    Teach me, master!
  • Hey there Sarumonin! Pleasure to meet you.

I looked at your website.. I'm trying to wrap my mind around what Ascendum Gaming is because it looks like more than a guild, or not really a guild at all? But there's members so I"m just curious, could you explain that to me? :) 

Welcome to the forums btw great post!
  • I love how so many people are just raising each others hype of one another!
    I keep trying to get my friends to join me in my hype and help the kick starter but none seem to be the type to go for kick starters sadly. Their choice of course but I plan on keep spreading the word so the community continues to grow.
    I've the same issue xD I'm so hyped but all my RL friends are not jumping on the train :(
  • I'd welcome you, but it seems you've been around longer than I have. Lol I first heard of this game from a friend who heard from @DeathsProxy
    Cheers, see you in game.
  • Angelcry said:
    Hey there Sarumonin! Pleasure to meet you.

I looked at your website.. I'm trying to wrap my mind around what Ascendum Gaming is because it looks like more than a guild, or not really a guild at all? But there's members so I"m just curious, could you explain that to me? :) 

Welcome to the forums btw great post!

It's a gaming community. Much like... a guild that has different guilds and different leaders in various games.

I'd welcome you, but it seems you've been around longer than I have. Lol I first heard of this game from a friend who heard from @DeathsProxy
    Cheers, see you in game.

Haha! Cheers <3

Relwoh said:
    Welcome to the community forum
    Thank you. It's nice to be here.

Irobot said:
    Wow. I don't see the span of time over which these transitions happened, but I'm willing to bet  it's at least been 10-15 years. This kid's got a lot to learn with MMOs
    This kid refers to me, btw.
    Teach me, master!

Let's go! We'll start with Runescape, the first MMO.
  • Hello sarumonin always nice to see :D
  • Welcome to the forum and community ;)
  • omg ew
  • Cyn said:
    omg ew
    Truer words have never been spoken.
  • *Tosses Dwarves and silly questions @Sarumonin*

Welcome to the official welcoming thread!

I'll be the one standing at the back quietly from now on, (I get worried around mods that I'll have said or done something to annoy you without knowing it.)

I think Shunex has has most of the rubbish from me though.
     know I should spread it around, but I never can remember how to spell your name :smiley:
  • Megs said:
    *Tosses Dwarves and silly questions @Sarumonin*

Welcome to the official welcoming thread!

I'll be the one standing at the back quietly from now on, (I get worried around mods that I'll have said or done something to annoy you without knowing it.)

I think Shunex has has most of the rubbish from me though.
     know I should spread it around, but I never can remember how to spell your name :smiley:
    bahaha, it's alllll good :smile:

edited July 2017
    @Sarumonin for president!!!! You are the starter (before Dec 2016) fan like a lot of members when only was... maybe 30 or 40 members in @DeathsProxy Discord? 

We were a litle community and now there are a big family hypped by Ashes of Creation. 

Thanks for your awesome introduction!!! 

Kind regards big crack!!!! 
  • What a lovely introduction. Thank you for taking the time to let those of us who know of you, know more about you!!! You are a wonderful person with a voice made of silk. Thanks for everything you do here!!!
    edited July 2017
    Great post, much appreciation for you and your story. I'm sure you guys will give all you've got to make AoC the most anticipated games ever  :*
  • Howdy! Glad to have you on the forums! Thanks for taking the time to tell us about yourself!
  • *Attempts to tie Saru to the forums*

I'm glad you're not leaving us. Thank you so much for everything you did, and I'm sure will still do for us. <3

• Megs said:
    *Attempts to tie Saru to the forums*

I'm glad you're not leaving us. Thank you so much for everything you did, and I'm sure will still do for us. <3

I'm still here! :P 
    I just won't be moderating, and I feel that if I am to wear the Moderator tag, I should be able to 100% represent it as such. I can't offer that at this current time due to real life commitments, but in the future I will most likely return to the community moderator position with 100% dedication to you guys. I will still be here and there, but not as I was before with 12+ hours a day on forums and discord simultaneously :P 
  • Thank you for doing all that you have so far as a Moderator sorry to see that you need to take a step back but just wanted to share appreciation for what you have done.