Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Some ability speculation [TANK]

I have been thinking these last few days about some of the skills that were spoken about during the livestream on the 30th and it made me start thinking of some of the augmentations we could have so I am going to just post a few that I thought of and if anyone else has some thoughts please post them too!

And I am going to use Diura's thread to look at some of the skills if anyone would like to take a look at the thread she posted here is a link here!
https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/34059/information-pax-classes-and-skill-types#latest

TAUNT
Possible augmentations that could be added on that could be
/Tank
1. Decrease damage done to you during the taunt duration by the enemies taunted
2. Increase duration
3. Increase radius if aoe, or make the taunt aoe/frontal cone but decreases the duration
4. Deal damage with it
5. Reduce the cool down
/Mage
1. Light them on fire as well dealing x damage over time for the duration
2. Shock them with it causing the taunt to reduce their attack speed/cast time as well for the duration
3. Blink on top of the target you have taunted, but also increases the cool down of it
/Ranger
1. Increase damage allies deal to the target by making them vulnerable during the duration
2. Taunt also after the duration the target is then tracked for x amount of seconds demonstrating a track for those sneaky beaky like bastards
/Cleric
1. During the taunt allies who hit the enemy receive health back

WALL
/Tank
1. Create a larger wall
2. Encase the first enemy who touches the wall in a walled prison for x amount of seconds
3. Lose the benefit of enemies being unable to pass through it but then they are taunted as they pass through it back to the caster
4. Add spikes to the wall impaling the enemy for x seconds or until the wall disappears.
/Mage
1. Ice wall as enemies run into it they are then slowed for x amount of seconds after
2. Fire wall enemies may pass through it but are then caught on fire and burning for x amount of seconds
3. Instead of dropping a shield on a targeted area and then protecting an ally you instead teleport to the ally dropping your shield there protecting that area. (think Braum from LoL)
/Ranger
1. Ally projectiles shot through the wall will receive a boost dealing extra damage
2. Instead of dropping one large shield you drop four smaller shields only protecting against some projectiles and slowing enemies who pass through them instead of knocking them down.
/Cleric
1. The area around the shield is then a healing zone for allies which receive a large heal if enemies run into the shield instead of the HoT in the area
2. Makes the tank immobile as if they are holding the shield down on the ground any damage thrown at the shield the tank heals a little bit of it the shield has X amount of health in this situation that can be broken where the tank can heal say 15% of the X amount of health the shield has.

Lasso
/Tank
1. Not only does it pull someone to you it also does a mini taunt
2. It knocks them to the ground after they reach you as if dragged through the air
3. Works with your shield stunning them when they reach you.
/Mage
1. Your whip slows them after they reach you
2. The lasso wraps around the opponents arms instead of pulling them to you it will slow them and cause their chance to miss to increase
/Ranger
1. The lasso can be charged up to further increase the range of it
2. Instead of lassoing someone to you, you instead meet them half the distance say you pull them and yourself to them dealing damage to them.
3. Pulling your ally to you will render them free of any CC and give them a CC reduction bonus for x amount of seconds
/Cleric
1. Pulling your allies to you will heal them some
2. Your pull will steal some life from the enemy and give to you.

Shield Bash
/Tank
1. Knocks them down increasing the duration of stun
2. Increases the damage
3. Causes the target to be dazed slowing them after the bash
4. Place a small wall where the shield bash happens
5. Increase your own defense after a bash
/Mage
1. Blast them with your shield dealing AOE fire damage behind them
2. Change the melee shield bash into a lightning charge that then deals damage as your pass through people to a targeted enemy
/Ranger
1. Charge your shield bash up as if you are going to blast a hole through a wall!
2. Dash toward an enemy then bashing them with your shield
/Cleric
1. The shield bashes some of the life force out of the enemy dropping life orbs that can be used by you or allies to heal.
2. Your shield is thrown bouncing between x amount of enemies before returning to you granting you health back.

Shield Aid
/Tank
1. A percent of the damage taken from allies to you is also reflected towards the enemies dealing the damage
2. A % of damage reduction is granted to those within the aoe
/Mage
1. The floor is now burning dealing damage to enemies
2. It is now a large aoe of cold reducing enemies attack speed/casting speed
3. The aoe is giving your allies quick lightning speed reactions granting them higher attack speed and casting speed
/Ranger
1. It grants allies bonus movement speed for a duration when activated
2. Enemies in the area receive a small % of bonus damage for the duration of Shield Aid

I realized after writing this that It would be way to big to put the augmentations in one thread so this one is Tank and the other classes we know some spells about right now!

Comments

• Options
    A cleric modification for the Shield Aid ability could be that all allies affected by it get an increased healing buff for the duration. Or allies gain life and mana regen during the duration.
  • Options
    Nice speculation.
    Honestly the mind boggles at all of the possibilities that different class combinations will provide.
    Tank/cleric here I come-----> paladin.
    Is it strange that I have my mind made up on what class I intend to play so far out from game launch lol.