Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Nomadic Nodes

This is an alternate version of my nomad idea in my signature!

Since people seemed to like the idea of nomadic caravans, how about we apply the same mechanics nodes seem to have to the caravans themselves? So a small caravan can become larger as it makes more trades and starts a popular trade route. The leader can buy new beasts of burden that are larger and more powerful as the node progresses.

Since the nomadic nodes don't have walls to protect them outside of cities they have to make do with mobility and misinformation to safeguard their way of life, so caravan leaders have to hire protection, make choices between larger slower animals or faster but lower capacity ones on their journeys!

Also maybe we can have a walking giant tree be the home for a node? Say a group of elves could make friends with the sentient tree and direct it?

Comments

• Options
    @Valentines I've seen you post on this before, and I agree with you about the nomadic node concept. Whether this is done in version 1 or a little later, I think this will add flavor and dynamism to the game. Right now, all Intrepid need to do is make space for these rag-tag convoys of people in-between the static nodes. The rest can come later. Naval are not the only moving forces!

Go gypsies! :smiley: