Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Special Pets

Idea Special Pets that give buffs and/or enhance ability

Comments

  • That would be a great idea =)
    I don't know if they already mentioned something about that in their vids =)
  • I'm sure the summoner will have pets like that and better but we have not heard anything about him/her so far
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    I'm thinking non combat pets like the little pets you get in some games. Maybe A pet that enhances your artisan class in some way.
  • As long as they are found in game and not cash shop items I would be just fine with it. 
  • I hope not. The last thing I want to see is 50+ people standing around waiting for a siege with their kittens out, or 10 people standing around with puppies so they can craft that epic sword/armor.
  • if its a bone golem to give me mining skills the yes ^^
  • I don't think we'll have special pets - just cosmetic pets. We will see xD
  • I think pets will mainly be a cosmetic feature although maybe a fetch/pickup system could be implemented to give them a little flavour. There was also the mention of battle pets which I assume to be a pokemon themed pvp scene similar to WoW.
  • I could have sworn the devs mentioned both cosmetic pets and battle pets in one of their streams? Am I wrong?
  • I don't remember anything about  battle pets. But that sounds awesome battle pet pvp.
    I was thinking pets for gathering like with animal husbandry a pet that acts like a sheep dog gives a buff to taming. Same goes for gathering herbs one that gives a  buff to herb location.

    aslo can you breed special kinds of pets?
  • HexDuo said:
    I don't remember anything about  battle pets. But that sounds awesome battle pet pvp.
    I was thinking pets for gathering like with animal husbandry a pet that acts like a sheep dog gives a buff to taming. Same goes for gathering herbs one that gives a  buff to herb location.

    aslo can you breed special kinds of pets?
    Breeding has been confirmed to be an artisan (crafting) tree yes.
  • Unless the pets are acquired by in game means I highly doubt they will have stats of any kind. 
    I personally think that only the summoner class should have a "pet" that can assist in combat, but who knows what we will see.
  • would like different pets to mods ability's like a phoenix gives flame damage or healing   
  • Ashes of Creation Livestream June 16, 2017
     mark  40:56
    PETER: There's gonna be a ton of cute pets.

    STEVEN:  Yes. And there's two types of pets: there's cosmetic pets and there's battle pets.
  • Dygz said:
    Ashes of Creation Livestream June 16, 2017
     mark  40:56
    PETER: There's gonna be a ton of cute pets.

    STEVEN:  Yes. And there's two types of pets: there's cosmetic pets and there's battle pets.
    I knew I heard something about battle pets during a live stream.
  • Okay so that probably means they werent referring to pet battles but rather just pets that assist you in combat.
  • Yeah. I wasn't implying Pokémon battles. Lol I was remarking on people's comments of cosmetic and battle pets. 
  • I want a llama please
  • But battle pet PvP as a tavern or town mini game would be fun.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    HexDuo said:
    But battle pet PvP as a tavern or town mini game would be fun.

    Almost like those.. secret, illegal underground dog fights people bet on? o.o
    OK, that's pretty terrible, sorry, just popped into mind when you said battle pet PVP.
  • You made me sad by bringing up dog fighting :C I'd never do that to my dog.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    ......
  • Yeah I have a dog too and would never want to do that to any dog. But that's what "pets fighting each other like game" sounds to me, just saying.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    I CAN'T WAIT TO GET MY ATTACK RAVEN!!!!
  • HexDuo said:
    Idea Special Pets that give buffs and/or enhance ability

    You're thinking the kind of pets as they had in BDO, yes? I'd say, thanks but no thanks.

    Just feeding those little buggers was a pain, the buffs weren't really worth it, and I really only want the little pests cuz they look cute. Just my .02/worth.
  • nagash said:
    if its a bone golem to give me mining skills the yes ^^


    @nagash you mean like this?! :D

  • As long as we don't have to FEED them, I ok with any kind of pets.
  • Sintu said:
    As long as they are found in game and not cash shop items I would be just fine with it. 
    This. 
    And the idea of being able to train up pets though or breed pets with specific skills is interesting.... but i can't try to comment on this now, my brain is making me waffle all sorts of nonsense

  • I've played a game that had this. I can't remember what it was... but they gave really small boons like 3% crit chance, 5% bonus damage, 5% reduced damage, etc.

    They had multiple levels of rarity which increased their buff amounts. They weren't OP and you couldn't have more than one at a time. In general they were cool.
Sign In or Register to comment.