Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Make cooking/brewing great again

Okay then, this idea is not really polished in my head at the moment but here is how I wish things could be:

1- Cooking/Brewing are usually considered as auxiliary jobs which are only useful because of BUFFS ( MOAR BUFFFFS!). In a video, I heard that some quest as hunting, what looked like some kind of deer, for their meats and GIVING the meat to the npc will provide resources for the inn so they can offer to the other players some meals. 

My first reaction to this was: "Oh, really cool but... why would I do that? my goal is to starve people to death and rob their belongings afterward."( Half serious half joking) and then I was like: "Oh yeah, exp and gold right?"

But the main issue about this is, who the hell is going to buy those meals? For a 2% defense buff? I'm not paying!

Thus I thought about something like a hunger/thirst bar which will require having a meal/drink once every 4h of PLAY TIME ( otherwise character selection will become a graveyard). This will encourage you to do the quests (or not) so that you can have access to those meals and a reason to buy them. Or make your own. And not wait until you reached lv. max to start grinding your cooking/brewing skills until your house if full of those.

Why 4 hours of play time? Because I like that number.
Seriously, an hours will be equivalent to 20 hunger or thirst points (more info below).

2- Expiration date. No, keeping that steak you cooked months ago for RP's sake that's just not okay :c. 

Seriously, it will prevent people from keeping the foods which give the greatest boosts and hunger consumption in the guild bank for years and force them to continue gathering as time goes on. Not only it will prevent those people from literally farming resources until the world is cleaned from them for months and not touch them ever again, but it will also give a reason to those who will still do that a reason to sell their cooking and not keep it in the depth of their inventory => more market.

For that, I thought that 1 months for food and 2 months for drinks is good enough. Maybe we need more time maybe less I don't know.

3- Hunger/Thirst

Why this for last? I don't know.

Let's take our good old bar which goes from 0 to a 100.  If your hunger or thirst bar is above 90, you can't drink/eat anything unless it is related to quest or a potion. Furthermore, you'll get a +10% movement speed or whatever number pleases the devs with some bonus left and right like more exp while killing/gathering, I don't know.

20-90. You have nothing.

1-19. You have decreased movement speed, attack speed (if there is any), attack damage (mag and phys).

0. You're dead .
     No, for this I really have no idea if it's not something like your skills are unusable. (Yep, that's harsh.)

Anyway, this was just an idea, nothing too serious. I also thought about the death penalty reducing your thirst and hunger bar by 10, which would be devastating in a raid where people tends to die quite often. Because, if the raid leader didn't prepare for the foods and drinks people would quickly become useless.
However, although my idea may be clunky, I'd really appreciate if besides crafting your gears, people would pay attention to the others crafting jobs and not just rush to the end game content and then think about it at that time.
 We all want to slay dragons and steal their egg for potential flying mounts in it, I do in my case, but everything should be useful and not like: "oh I could buy this for BUFFS ( MOARRRRR)".

Ugh. Since I've written so much, there might be some mistakes left and right in my english >.>

Comments

• Options
    It could be  interesting  but I detest too many bars to follow.  Recently I was in another beta where food and or drink was necessary.  A small  icon appeared near your compass letting you know you ate.  If you found your fighting or carry weight was not up to par you knew immediately that you for got to eat.     
  • Options
    The bar was just an example, you even put a picture of a rabbit slowly dying to show how much you don't take care of your character too xD