Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Dual Class or No?

Are you interested in creating characters with a second, different, class or a single class archtype for each choice? (i.e. Mage/Rogue vs. Mage/Mage)

Comments

• Options
    Will most likely go bard/mage as I feel this mix will be pretty interesting in terms of potential support/DPS combination.
  • Options
    More options the better!!!
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    I can't vote because I have no idea how effective hybrid's will be as opposed to doubling up. Traditionally, hybrid classes tend to be gimpy because you are "trading" that versatility for being better at your main class.

This might very well NOT be the case and if makes that Tank/X just a different flavor of Tank/Tank then I'm all for flavors! If however a Tank/Tank is better than a Tank/X at tanking, then there is really little choice because groups will desire pure classes and maybe tolerate the odd hybrid.

This is one reason why I would like all hybrid classes to have some special ability(s)/skill that no other class or class combo has. So they bring something unique to the table and not just vanilla over strawberry.
  • Options
    Can I change my vote? Misclick ftw :-(
  • Options
    Isende said:
    Fail!!!   :)
  • Options
    Yeah, I need more class ability info to know for sure... but my current plan is to go with the combo that best gives me the "Dwarven Defender" style of experience.  Most likely, that could be Tank/Tank... but, you know, maybe not.  One of the other combos might surprise me.   We'll have to wait and see. 
  • Options
    Sintu said:
    Isende said:
    Booooo, you failed as a fail shame! If you are going to do it you gotta do it with panache!

• Options

I am curious to see how rogue/cleric will go.

I had hope for the ability to give 'fly-by' heals both to party as well as non-party people. However, if I understand a comment from the livestream correctly, this type of healing of others will only be available to players with cleric as main...
  • Options
    With my limited understanding of the class system i think i would want to be a pure fighter but that could change once we learn the details of the classes and skill augmentations.
  • Options
    Right now I am hell-bent on Mage/Mage but that is subject to change as more details are revealed. I just want to pew pew  :p
  • Options
    Bard-bard is my one true path.
  • Options
    Sintu said:
    Isende said:
    Not the first, and sadly, likely won't be the last time I've failed. :blush:
  • Options
    I'd rather be one class because you will be weaker splitting your experience 2 ways
  • Options
    I shall be a very hard to kill Paladin! Tank/Cleric. 
  • Options
    Not sure to be honest one way or the other.

I do know that I want ONE character, but at the same time I want to be very very specialized, soo... I would love to be able to change my class, but at the same time, I'll be very upset if I needed to reset or re-do my crafting stuff when I change.

The main reason being is that I believe certain crafting things should be class-specific.  For example, Enchanting should be restricted to Magic-using classes, only.  If I swap from a Mage/Mage to a Tank/Fighter, I shouldn't be able to use magic, even through crafting.
  • Options
    Hard to say since we know very little about it, but I would love to see a clear distinction among mixed classes (more flexible) and doubled classes (more focused). So a mixed class could have more answers to whatever happens, while doubled classes should reach the peaks in their field.

I'm very curious to see how this develops, design paths Intrepid may follow are practically endless.
  • Options
    Right now I am hell-bent on Mage/Mage but that is subject to change as more details are revealed. I just want to pew pew  :p
    That's my answer too ^
  • Options
    My first character will most likely be a double summoner. After that I'm up for whatever :smiley:
  • Options
    Rogue/mage, I love stealth and magic. prolly will do a Rouge/ranger too
  • Options
    My second will depend upon
    Effectiveness
    Fun to play
    What's actually needed by others
  • Options
    I'm sure everyone including me would explode, if we do not try 64 combinations during the time of our life.
  • Options
    I'm so torn because I want to try them all xD But I figure my favorite will be a hybrid rogue/something.