Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

/follow

How is the /follow mechanics?  Is it going to be like EQ wherein you circle and go all kinds of crazy paths and fall off a cliff or into death lava?

Comments

• Hi @alaequae. Not even sure if there is a /follow in Ashes. 
  • I doubt there will be a follow button but maybe there will be xD I sure need it. I've a terrible sense of direction and get lost easy so for people like me - follow button is really useful so that my guild don't get mad at me for getting lost after 2 seconds of not paying attention and somehow losing the group and ending up in other side of the map xD
  • /follow is nice when you need to let the cat in or answer the phone.  
    Some people find it easier to follow when in a hurry,
    Sadly though when on follow you miss much such as learning the way to where you need to be.
  • /follow is nice when you need to let the cat in or answer the phone.  
    Sadly though when on follow you miss much such as learning the way to where you need to be.
    I can get lost in a paper bag, lol! Even when I'm running all over the map all by me onesie. @Possum, on the other hand? Never gets lost in game maps. So, when it's time to bio, or feed the furmasters, or whatever? I /follow happily. The rest of the time ... well. You can't jump too well on follow, now can you? Yes, yes, I admit it. I'm one of those jumping characters that annoys everyone around :wink:
  • Isende said:
    /follow is nice when you need to let the cat in or answer the phone.  
    I can get lost in a paper bag, lol! Even when I'm running all over the map all by me onesie. @Possum, on the other hand? Never gets lost in game maps. So, when it's time to bio, or feed the furmasters, or whatever? I /follow happily. The rest of the time ... well. You can't jump too well on follow, now can you? Yes, yes, I admit it. I'm one of those jumping characters that annoys everyone around :wink:
    It's so funny cos I know exactly how you feel xD My partner has put a life ban on me for ever on doing anything that involves going anywhere alone -cos I just end up begging for help to help find me and tying to find someone who doesn't know where they are or is able to read a map to describe where they are is not easy xD Bless my guild for the chaos I will cause xD
  • Diura said:
    Isende said:
    /follow is nice when you need to let the cat in or answer the phone.  
    It's so funny cos I know exactly how you feel xD My partner has put a life ban on me for ever on doing anything that involves going anywhere alone -cos I just end up begging for help to help find me and tying to find someone who doesn't know where they are or is able to read a map to describe where they are is not easy xD Bless my guild for the chaos I will cause xD
    Right! So glad I'm not alone!
  • LOL the EQ Follow button killed me more times than raiding.
  • My point was that when I put myself on follow with my partner I am less apt to take note of my surroundings then I am completely lost if i die and respawn farther away. I learn more when i wander solo even if I do get lost. lol  For sure ya don't want to follow me! :D
  • Ah, /follow is great for bios, letting the cat in, phone, and being able to say something in chat.  I sure hope they have /follow in game.  

I have a guild leader who loves to send people over a cliff and then take screenshots of the carnage.
  • My concern with /follow is the way it is implemented. If while on /follow the character progress in any way other than change in location I would find it exploitive. Even the change in location could be exploitive in a game where travel is real time not fast travel. 
  • Schifft said:
    My concern with /follow is the way it is implemented. If while on /follow the character progress in any way other than change in location I would find it exploitive. Even the change in location could be exploitive in a game where travel is real time not fast travel. 
    *shrugs* I'm ok with exploration being racked up. Many of us do use/implement /follow, even if it's only to go bio. Saying "you can't get the exploration XP you've earned because you were on /follow just when you dinged it" would be less than ideal, really. Will it be exploited by people dual boxing? Of course. But that's on them. Not on you, not on me, but solely on them. I, for one, have always despised those times when an employer "punishes" the whole office for what one person did.