Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Campfire/Corpse

Without Campfire or a /fellowship, or something similar (doesn't have to be an exact name like EQ), we're stuck with having to run back across a whole continent which could take hours.  Or if it's like WoW then maybe a local graveyard might help with the corpse retrievals.

If there is no corpse upon death then it might not be a problem.  And if you decide to go meet with a group somewhere, if you're not in fellowship or a campfire then you would have to walk/run/ride a long time to get there.  Or if there is a waypoint like DDO/Oblivion/Skyrim, wherein you can just click a location on a map or go into a portal from somewhere to meetup with your group, then that wouldn't make the game more of a chore to get around in.

Comments

• Options
    I don't think many details have been revealed yet but we know you spawn near by but not in the same location - I think to stop being ganked when you spawn or to get you out the sticky situation that caused you to die.
    You won't be too far from your point of death :)
  • Options
    I think i cool idea to implement is when you die you enter a limbo world. Just something small i wanted too add, maybe you have to find a blinding a light and when its found chase it in order to be revived back into the world of the living.
  • Options
    There won't be any way points like Skyrim in AOC. They don't want fast travel. I think the only exception to this that they have mentioned being a possibility is if a Scientific Metropolis is built then there may be fast travel within that city's area of influence.
  • Options
    I hope they have someway though of fast travel to your group.  In BDO Pirates was a favourite spot for my guild (and many others).  You log on and see some friends over there, trouble is it takes ages to get there.  Hence why most people actually camped there all weekend