Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

A quick hello

Hello AoC (pre)-community

I just found out about this awesome looking game and wanted to drop a short introduction to myself, as you may see me more often on this forum in the months to come.
I am a guy from Germany with a long time gaming career over the last two decades, starting with Master of Magic and Heroes of Might and Magic. I think my first "true" MMORPG was Horizons: Empire of Istaria in 2004, which I only played for a relatively short time before entering the WoW hype - and beta. I played WoW up until it's first expansion when I left the game because it moved further away from what I wanted from an MMORPG. Dabbled with a couple other MMOs and finally left for a while to play mainly shooters and some RTS games. I came back for MMOs when I got an invitation to the Rift alpha (which was an awesome game at that point btw but went down the drain really fast in the later stages and after release) and had a new hunger for MMOs. Since none really impressed me then, I spent my time with vanilla WoW again, which is far from perfect but satisfied my need for nostalgia.

Back in the old days I would spend hours upon hours ingame, trying to compete and be among the top of the server. I don't have that much time nowadays and am less competitive but I'm still looking for a game that offers so much content that I can never fully complete it. I want a deep game that can't be mastered in a matter of months. I'm mostly interested in PvE and crafting but also like to PvP provided the mechanics and balance are decent (WoW's PvP is pathetic). I'm also a big fan of choice and consequence which is why I didn't like the way WoW and Rift evolved.

The main reason why I love MMOs is the community. I like games that emphasise on this point, making player interaction and teamwork a necessity, be it leveling, crafting, PvE or PvP/RvR. If I wanted to play a solo game I'd play something like The Elder Scrolls.

Anyway, great to be here. It's been a while since I've been this hyped for a game to come out.

- Kainnee

PS: Since I've got a university degree in German, I'd offer to test and help improve a german localisation should such a thing be planed. Though I usually play games in english because german localisations and dubs are pretty poor for the most part, I'd be willing to help make the german version of this game less bad :].

Comments

• Options
    Welcome! It's so good to see people having such hype as I do for this game :smile:
    I'm so hyped for this game I hope they wont disappoint us..
    Anyhow, if you're looking for a guild, you can visit the guilds section.
    You can always swing questions about my freshly new guild B)
  • Options
    Welcome, hope you enjoy it here! XD
    One of us, one of us, one of us...
  • Options
    A quick welcome then, ON THE HYPE TRAIN! (still no breaks in sight)
  • Options
    Welcome to the community I have not heard anything about localisation as of yet 
  • Options
    Welcome @Kainnee! Trust me you will love it here!
  • Options
    Welcome @Kainnee
  • Options
    Welcome aboard the Ashes Hype Train!  Great community here and everyone is helpful.  Jump in and party with us while we travel this long road!
  • Options
    Welcome @Kainnee
  • Options
    Welcome @Kainnee
  • Options
    Warm welcome to you @Kainnee
  • Options
    Welcome!!!
  • Options
    Welcome @Kainee! I hope you have a great time here and enjoy the hype train!
  • Options
    Welcome to the community @Kainnee :)
  • Options
    welcome!
  • Options
    Welcome! AoC has a great community and as long as the developers keep our interest we can build the momentum to launch. They have laid the groundwork, just hope they stay on top of it!
  • Options
    Fresh meat! Noble attempt to make german community better, nice!
  • Options
    *Throws a ball to welcome @Kainee to the community*
    Black tie only *sagenod*

Welcome on board!

The translation offer sounds awesome, I'm sure that if you email the team they would love to hear from you

And I'm sure you've already found it, but most of the german community seems to have all been drawn here.... I'm not sure what the attraction is.... it's possibly magnetic, maybe they just serve better drinks.

• Options
    Welcome to the Community!!! Please, did you bring some delicious beer with you?!   :D
  • Options
    Welcome to the community, @Kainee!  Happy to have you joining us.