Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Mounts with functions outside of travel

Looking online I could not find anything regarding this but what is everyone's idea on mounts having functions outside of getting from A to B.

For example a certain mount could have the ability to harvest a specific resources (for professions) faster or get more per source, another may be able to detect enemies while another could cause a fear effect to nearby, weaker mobs.

Would you want abilities like this on mounts? And if so, what other ideas do you have for them to be able to do?

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    On mounts yes, on pets no.  Whenever you start adding bonuses to things, you inadvertently create an atmosphere where everyone will have the same item/thing in use in order to be competitive. However, I don't think a mount would be nearly as bad as pets, but I do like the idea of giving mounts more functionality.  

In fact, you could separate the system entirely from mounts/pets, and make it a mini upgrade game.  One where you can upgrade certain aspects of the mounts for added benefits, or cool effects.  So instead of having that War Horse of storage, you could have "Barding of storage" that you could apply to any horse, that way you can keep visual diversity intact.  
  • Options
    Already confirmed that different mounts will have different carrying capabilities. While it won't reach the level of a caravan, it will allow you to harvest in the wild longer without running back to your freehold or town storage. Barding and such will be available, but only cosmetic. Higher/tougher stats will be something achieved through the taming/breeding mini-game.