Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Which profession interests you the most/are you likely to go down?

As the title says, what sort of artisan do you want to become in ashes.
All I know so far is I want to be someone who makes the final product. Probably a weapon-smith.

Comments

• Options
    Not enough info.
  • Options
    Not enough info.
  • Options
    Even though @Dygz is indeed correct about the lack of information so far, I definitely do have an idea. I really want to become a professional tamer/breeder in the animal husbandry profession! Animals really are my kind of thing, and getting to do that in a game makes me really happy :smiley:
  • Options
    I want to craft high tier items for my
    guild.
  • Options
    I realise there is not much info but lets be honest, while the way they can go about it can be varied, there are set professions that we know will show up in some way or form. I don't expect the choices or idea people have now to all stay until release as more info will be revealed and what people like the idea of doing will also change. At the same time I get why some will not care/have any idea at this point.
  • Options
    I'd like to make food or armor I cant decide. I wonder what you need to be to create a catapult. I can't wait to pay to find out.
  • Options
    The ones that interest me are: Alchemy/herbology Weapon crafting Armor crafting And any king of gathering
  • Options
    Gathering for sure and then making of awesome bows/arrows
  • Options
    Cooking, weaponsmithing and leatherworking
  • Options
    I don't think it's possible for one character to do Cooking, Weaponsmithing and Leatherworking - hence the dilemma.

Also, at this point, we're pretty much speculating about traditional options - with no clue what non-traditional options might entice us more.
    What professions fall under Processing? 
  • Options
    I will have one of each max discipline eventually. Alts, alts, and more alts.
  • Options
    As a merchant, my character will gravitate towards the most profitable items - trinkets and jewelry. 

As a player, I will pick up whatever is necessary to help my guild. 

As a food-lover, both player and character do wish to explore the creation of food and drink items, the more complicated the better.
  • Options
    Since they have some SWG veterans on staff I hope they go for the depth in crafting that they did for that game. I hope they allow for factory crafting at the freehold rather than the sprawl that was the ring of collidable structures that surrounded main cities in SWG. Since we won't have fast travel in most cases, having to wind your way through a maze of structures just outside the zone placement restriction would be a nightmare to deal with again. For those of you who never experienced SWG crafting or have forgotten the oh-so frustrating joy, here is a vid:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xt2QNdevfk4
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    Beep! *I want to be a turtle wrestler*
  • Options
    Not really enough info yet, but I would love either an alchemist or a scribe of some sort. Heh, in my first mmo ever you were not given your spells automatically. You gained the ability to use them when you leveled, but you needed a crafter to make the spell for you so that you could learn it first. I liked that.. it was a profession that made me happy. Making spells for people. :)
  • Options
    Beep said:
    Beep! *I want to be a turtle wrestler*
    You just made my morning
  • Options
    Like most have stated very little information is out there but my interest is peaked in breeding animals for mounts.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    I feel like processing would include things like smelting ore. I think they said in a live stream that Animal Husbandry will fall under processing too.

I personally will probably be a gatherer. Of what I am not positive yet. I like to explore so gathering fits my playstyle the best.
  • Options
    I love crafting. I also like farming... and I like gathering. I actually love all the things when it comes to this type of stuff.

I think it really comes down to, however, what I believe is most useful for my character to survive and what I believe they, as a character, would actually do... But for some odd ball reason-- I am actually drawn to farming. I blame my Texas blood and cowgirl heritage. XD
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    I will have one of each max discipline eventually. Alts, alts, and more alts.

Pretty much this eventually I will be able to do it all on different alts, and I fully realise this may take many months or even years but it will be so eventually. Though I do tend to play more than the average player so maybe not too many years lol.
    My first character and thus my main character will be a gatherer, I will do all of my questing on him so if I find some mats etc I want to be able to collect them.
    I must admit I really do love to craft armour and weapons as I level, thus alts may not be too far behind my main.
  • Options
    As others said, not enough information, but I am usually a fan of Alchemy, as it fits with the type of character I tend to write first.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    I will focus on hamsters. 

I will have a tamer to raise an army of maighty hamsters
    I will have a tailor to make dresses out of hamsters' hide
    I will have an alchemist to brew fearsom hamster's potions

And, of course, I will teach my hamsters to weaponsmith in my place. We all know that hamsters are those who once taught the dwarves.

Fear the hamster,
    for I am their master.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    @ruairidh You remind me of Gundam from the Danganronpa series XD

• Options
    No matter its incarnation or method I always for alchemy/jewelcrafting. 
  • Options
    I really like gathering. From what I know it is possible to level 3 different gathering types on one toon. So Fishing, Mining, and Botany is what I am thinking. I may go one gathering type and one refining type as well. Not sure yet.
  • Options
    Dygz said:
    I don't think it's possible for one character to do Cooking, Weaponsmithing and Leatherworking - hence the dilemma.

Also, at this point, we're pretty much speculating about traditional options - with no clue what non-traditional options might entice us more.
    What professions fall under Processing? 
    Who says I'm doing all of this on one character? I'm playing a Vaelune and a Ren'kai
  • Options
    I wasn't just talking about you.
    I will have alts, too.
    Doesn't mean I will necessarily have enough alts to cover all the professions I might be interested in.
    A lot of that, for me, depends on the combinations of professions one character can have.
    Hence, the dilemma of lack of info. I didn't say that you shared that dilemma.
  • Options
    accesory crafting, weaponsmithing, enchanting. 3 things i could go for depending on whats available.