Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

payment of game time gaming volute

Many games uses such a system (for example WOW or EVE online). There are + and -.

I'll start with the

+
1 ultimate will make sense to sticky and or farm resources in the world market
2 helps to attract players
3 will not be the accumulation of currency
-
1 people will spend money reluctantly
 2 the developers will get less money when people swing

This is purely my personal opinion, you can disagree with it 

Comments

• Options
    It's probably this fossil brain of mine but I don't understand what you are saying.
  • Options
    It's probably this fossil brain of mine but I don't understand what you are saying.
    this is the power of Google translator

• Options
    czybo said:

I read English just fine.   :)
    What I don't understand is the meaning of what you are saying,
    Are you trying to make an assessment of game development?
  • Options
    Yeah sorry, I'm with @CylverRayne on this. I just googled volute and swingers and got nothing except naughty things you watch and listen too in surround sound.  
  • Options
    I'm afraid I don't understand the meaning either.  If you are using Google Translate to translate your post from your native language, it may not be translating it properly.  You may want to consider posting in your native language and ask others in the community if they are able to properly translate the post from your native language to English.
  • Options
    I'll take a wild stab at guessing what you mean... This could be totally off base!
    WIll you be able to pay your subscription using in-game currency? In other words, if I work hard enough in-game, can I play for free? Games like EVE Online and WoW have this ability.
    So far as we know, the only way to play Ashes for free is to refer people using the refer to win program. I hope IS consider adding an in-game way to purchase game time in the future.
  • Options
    Is he talking about buying game time using in-game currency like what wow does with the token system? I don't think it would work in this game, because that would create a pay to win scenario which intrepid does not want to happen.
  • Options
    serious said:
    Is he talking about buying game time using in-game currency like what wow does with the token system? I don't think it would work in this game, because that would create a pay to win scenario which intrepid does not want to happen.
    I'm very confused by your statement. Can you explain how working in game to earn currency to pay for your game time is pay to win? 
  • Options
    @czybo
    (maybe include the text in your native language?)  :p
  • Options
    lexmax said:
    serious said:
    I'm very confused by your statement. Can you explain how working in game to earn currency to pay for your game time is pay to win? 
    Because you are paying other players with ingame currency to buy those time tokens. Like they do it in wow and eve. So some players in game buy tokens with real money and sell them in game for gold and can eventually become really rich in game and able to buy anything with real money. 
  • Options
    serious said:
    lexmax said:
    serious said:
    Because you are paying other players with ingame currency to buy those time tokens. Like they do it in wow and eve. So some players in game buy tokens with real money and sell them in game for gold and can eventually become really rich in game and able to buy anything with real money. 
    I understand what you're saying; perhaps there's a breakdown in semantics? Basically, most of us consider P2W to be items that enhance things like XP gain, or the ability to auto-level your character to just 10 levels below level cap. Being able to buy tokens for real cash, and then have players use their game gold for sub fees would not, in most of our minds, be counted as P2W.

It is unfortunate, and a definite "sign of the times" that anything which is purchasable in the game's store (even if it's only aesthetics) automagically becomes branded with P2W.
  • Options
    Well as a WoW player and a gatherer I would not be happy for a system that allows you to pay for your sub via in game currency - nor do I want a feature that allow a you to convert real cash into game currency :/ it hints to p2w.

p.s I heavily farm starlight roses in WoW and push prices up to ridiculous figures to profit to pay for my sub - unless you want super high material prices in game let's not have this system ^^
  • Options
    Diura said:
    Well as a WoW player and a gatherer I would not be happy for a system that allows you to pay for your sub via in game currency - nor do I want a feature that allow a you to convert real cash into game currency :/ it hints to p2w.

p.s I heavily farm starlight roses in WoW and push prices up to ridiculous figures to profit to pay for my sub - unless you want super high material prices in game let's not have this system ^^
    Using in game curerency does inflate prices and ends up ruining the world game play economy. 
  • Options
    Using in game curerency does inflate prices and ends up ruining the world game play economy. 
    I can see that. I wonder, though, how it'll work when the world game play economy is more locally based? Given that economies are tied to nodes (as of my latest understanding, which may've changed), it would seem that something that could be converted to game-cashola may not be viable. Honestly, wouldn't affect me, or bother me, if that were the case. 
  • Options
    Isende said:
    I can see that. I wonder, though, how it'll work when the world game play economy is more locally based? Given that economies are tied to nodes (as of my latest understanding, which may've changed), it would seem that something that could be converted to game-cashola may not be viable. Honestly, wouldn't affect me, or bother me, if that were the case. 
    You are very right economy is localised to give caravan trading a purpose etc ^^ I think it could be viable regardless of how the economy will work because it sounds like "produce" will be regional, but cash to game currency will just inflate those prices. I doubt the system to trade real cash to game cash will exist for reasons already mentioned anyway xD plus the only Risk/reward is your piggy bank being run down and I don't think Intrepid want that xD
  • Options
    Diura said:

Intrepid have hired an economist to make sure the game systems don't break the economy, so hopefully they will be able to take in people's concerns. However, Ashes' design stands apart from other MMOs, so what works and doesn't work in other games may not be the same here.
  • Options
    lexmax said:
    I'll take a wild stab at guessing what you mean... This could be totally off base!
    WIll you be able to pay your subscription using in-game currency? In other words, if I work hard enough in-game, can I play for free? Games like EVE Online and WoW have this ability.
    So far as we know, the only way to play Ashes for free is to refer people using the refer to win program. I hope IS consider adding an in-game way to purchase game time in the future.
    Yes , I meant it
  • Options
    Then you will be sad. It was strongly stated in one of the Q&As by the big man himself. Paraphrasing "We will NOT have a way for you to pay for subs with in game currency. This leads to pay to win and imbalanced economy." Since the only way for them to make money is from the subs or the cosmetic store, why would they ever allow people to do that? There is no box cost, all you pay is your sub.
  • Options
    I would also like to see nothing bought on the "marketplace" being able to be sold in game too.  There's absolutely no need.
  • Options
    From Discord: Intrepid Answers
    - will Cash Shop Items be Tradeable?
    <span>+No, as that would allow for pay2win sort of if players could exchange RL money with gold in game</span>