Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Will there be a combat log ?

I sure hope we will get some kind of a combatlog, we have been used to this since EQ and i really really miss it in the games i have played that does not have one.

Like:

- Black Desert Online

- Elder Scrolls Online

In those games without combat log the community will guess and theorycraft and make up conspiracy's. I have also heard in one of the podcasts that they want people to play with different skills etc, and find what Works, and that they have respect for oldschool MMO's. Hard to see what Works, if you cant see it (unless they want people to use a ruler on the screen like in BDO /facepalm)

So i have my fingers crossed

Best Regards

Xlausen

Comments

• Options
    I like combat meters. I like so see if the changes I make to my rotation, abilities, or gear is a dps, healing, or mitigation increase or decrease. I don't even mind group meters to compare yourself to others. That often leads to people kicking people from parties because their, "DPS isn't high enough" or whatever. So at least a personal meter so you can work on improvement.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017

I dont really need a DPSmeter as you are suggesting. Just a simple combat log is enough for me. I dislike games where i cant see how much damage my abilities do. Is even ok for me, if i cant see anyone elses

• Options
    I would agree with a combat log, DAoC had one which was pretty awesome. Their chat system was cool also, you can do tabs, but there was also a mini top chat that showed effects on you, combat damage, etc. Helped a lot on Pvp
  • Options
    I'm sure you can enable combat log in a chat box. Most MMOs do. If they don't just hand you one, you can always do a little math to figure it out when you get to a point in the game where it matters to you