Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

GOOD DAY KIND SIRS

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited July 2017 in The Newly Arrived
Hey guys basically I played Runescape religiously when I was like 13, played wow for a year and have been trying out MMO RPG's for a few years trying to find something similar. Seeing this has made me desperate to jump ship from League of Legends and go back to MMO's.

So as I sit impatiently waiting is there anything I can do to keep up with the game? Also are alpha keys given out? Any sign of closed beta in the coming months? Any badges people have earned that are available? I only got the one for changing my profile picture but I'm sure there are plenty more!

Also if anyone has any game suggestions feel free to give them. 

So excited for this game cannot wait to see more updates!

Comments

• Welcome to the Ashes community! It's always nice to greet a new member to this awesome place.

To keep up with the progress of the game you can check the site here and read the blogs as well as view videos.
    Join discord.    
    Join our conversations here.
    Party with us!
    Badges are rewarded for various things such as numbers of comments you make, "likes" and "lols" you receive. 
    By being registered you are automatically in a weekly drawing for a Key to betas.
    Alpha beta is tentatively scheduled for Dec 2018

• *Curtsies politely before such gracious language.*

Welcome @Zid to the community! 

There are 'friends and family' Alpha keys being given out weekly, just by joining the forums you're already in with a chance. (These are even pre Alpha alpha keys!)

We are sadly a long way away from a more publically accessible Alpha, the keys for the summer sale (and previous kickstarter campaign) will be around late next year. And then Beta after that. It's still very early going. 

I'd post lots of links as to where to go to look things up but I really ought to be getting myself some food before I fall over. I'll be back later :)

Welcome to the long wait and the highly friendly passenger express that is the hype train. :)
  • Welcome @Zid to the awesome Ashes community :) 
  • Since I'm lazy and everyone else has beaten me to answering your questions, I shall just give you a welcome and be on my way.
    Welcome to the forum and welcome to the H Y P E  TRAIN !!!
    *throws confetti*
  • Welcome!
  • Welcome @Zid
  • Hi @Zid ,

It's not in the MMO genre, but pubg is surprisingly fun.  :)  

If you do go that route, DM me and i'd love to do some matches with you.  You can also catch a bunch of us on the AOC official discord most evenings.  http://discord.gg/AshesOfCreation  If you don't see us in VC, just sit in VC.  We are predators; we'll hunt you down.  :)

Peace home fry.

-tug

• Hello, @Zid, and well-met ... though *cough* I will point out that I am not, in fact, a "Sir." Do hope that you don't mind my still responding to ya ...

Ok, so yes, I'm funnin' with ya. Seriously, well-met, hello, hope you're along for a good, long ride, and pleasedtameetcha!
  • Welcome @Zid! Keep being positive and testing negative! :)
  • Welcome to the community, @Zid!  Don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have.  We've plenty of time to discuss them while we wait for the game.
  • Welcome to the community forum. Hope you have fun here.
  • @Isende Anyone can be a kind sir as long as you do it while twirling a curly moustache! 
    Thanks guys glad to be aboard the hype train :smiley:
    Ps how do you post pictures below what you say? Mine aren't showing up :cry:
  • I just dragged it.... but I think there's still a few forum bugs with images... probably one of the more technically minded bods would be more useful...
  • Well I shall try dragging it in the mean time haha! 

You are a genuis!
    Ps is anyone playing any MMO games in the meantime?

Image result for hype train us
  • That's Us! <3
    I haven't been paying attention to the conversations about other mmos... all I remember is that I'm sure someone's got an ashes minecraft server together...
    Lord but I'm useless when I'm hungry :smiley:
  • I'm trying out crowfall, but it's still pretty early it seems.
  • Part of me is so tempted to go back to OSRS but in my mind I'm just thinking about AOC ;-;
  • Welcome welcome to the community ;)
  • Hello @Zid o/ and welcome to the community smile
  • Zid said:
    @Isende Anyone can be a kind sir as long as you do it while twirling a curly moustache! 
    Thanks guys glad to be aboard the hype train :smiley:
    Ps how do you post pictures below what you say? Mine aren't showing up :cry:
    Does it count if I twirl @Possum's 'stache?
  • Welcome to this ridiculously amazing and whacky community! Enjoy your stay :P
  • @Isende any moustache twirling is acceptable! 
  • Zid said:
    @Isende any moustache twirling is acceptable! 
    Look out, @Possum! Just remember when I start twirling your mustache, where to come for retribution ... *evil chuckle*
  • There is always room for hardcore grinders like you from runescape, those guys usually are mental when it comes to grinding :) Welcome!
  • I only got like one 99 haha I always get the urge to play it between games of League or something hahaha nice and relaxing!
  • Welcome to the Community =D