Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What is this magical place?

Hey!  o:)

I just discovered Ashes of Creation today and I am beyond excited. 

I haven't read or watched any outside content and learned anything about this game as far as hype goes. I was actually reading an article about upcoming mmo's and Ashes of Creation was not on the list, however someone mentioned it in the comments and added the link that brought me here. I've read and watched videos about the content from this site and so far it looks beautiful and dynamic in a way I'm not personally familiar with in mmo's. I'm really interested in the sieges and caravans, even though I feel like a caravan would not feel too safe in my hands haha :blush:

Thanks for reading!

Comments

• Options
    Welcome @Misty! May you clear in thought and mind as you integrate into this wonderful community! ;)
  • Options
    Welcome to the community, @Misty!  If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.  We have a lot of helpful people around here.
  • Options
    Welcome!  Glad you found it. 
  • Options
    Welcome to the community. Hope you have fun on the forum.
  • Options
    Welcome @Misty to this amazing community. Yes, it is very magical here :) If you have any questions or just want to hang out, you've come to the right place.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    @Misty Hi there.   Some of the best information about the game isn't directly on the ashes website.  

I'd suggest a few resources:
    1. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfbi2EvzQmIJ55TJvZumNZw  Look for the node pt 1 and pt 2 videos
    2. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7xq-8r9DA_qTlZZOWxyRVR2VUk
    3. You can always get your specific questioned answer on the official AOC discord as well:  http://discord.gg/AshesOfCreation

-tug

• Options
    Hi Misty and welcome. Enjoy the hype as it lasts :)
  • Options
  • Options
    Welcome to our great community!  Join us as we ride the Ashes Hype train. 
  • Options
    Hello @Misty o/ and welcome to the community o
  • Options
    *Builds a mountain just for @misty to welcome them to the community*

Welcome to another friendly and enthusiastic passenger to the hype train!

You'll find that the community here is also amazing as far as MmOs go, right now it's driven by conductive positivity, and whilst no doubt this may change as more people come along, there's a lot of us who'll keep the joy l, happiness and insanity going. Just look at awesome  @tugowar there, couldn't be more helpful if he tried :smiley*

I really hope that you'll find it just as wonderful as we all seem to. Great to have you on-board!
  • Options
    Welcome aboard! Always great to see a fresh face! Most of us don't bite, so don't be afraid to jump right In!
  • Options
    Welcome to the community!
  • Options

Hi Misty

I got to hear about AoC in similar ways, about a month ago. I trust you'll find the Community here are welcoming and friendly. You'll no doubt 'suss out' the most weird of us all eventually!

In fact I suspect, in all of the forum, there'll only be me and you who'll not be weird...and even you'll end up being a bit weird no doubt. But it's still so great you're here!

What sort of gaming background/experience have you come from?

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    He, welcome aboard! Got questions? The Odyssey Team ( @Kumary @Morriganna @Diura @Possum) can help you find answers at https://tinyurl.com/y85dncld. Or, some other kind souls will come along and help ya out. Got interests? We gotsa WHOLE lot of interesting "stuff" in these here forums ... but sadly, no working Search feature yet. So scroll back, read, laugh, cry ... and then add to the mayhem!

Nice to have ya aboard!
  • Options
    Misty said:
    Hey!  o:)

I just discovered Ashes of Creation today and I am beyond excited. 

I haven't read or watched any outside content and learned anything about this game as far as hype goes. I was actually reading an article about upcoming mmo's and Ashes of Creation was not on the list, however someone mentioned it in the comments and added the link that brought me here. I've read and watched videos about the content from this site and so far it looks beautiful and dynamic in a way I'm not personally familiar with in mmo's. I'm really interested in the sieges and caravans, even though I feel like a caravan would not feel too safe in my hands haha :blush:

Thanks for reading!
    Beyond excited? Join the club of likeminded fellas :) So hyped every 2 weeks to see dev streams in twitch, remember to watch those :)
  • Options
    Welcome to the Ashes community. 
  • Options
    :) A warm welcome to the Community
  • Options
    Welcome :)
  • Options
    Welcome misty
  • Options
    Welcome misty! where's Ash and Brock?
  • Options
    Misty said:
    I'm really interested in the sieges and caravans, even though I feel like a caravan would not feel too safe in my hands haha :blush:
    @Misty It's not about the caravans anyway, It's about the blood of the innocents. ;)
    Welcome, and you can join my caravan party any day!
  • Options
    Welcome! @Misty
  • Options
    Welcome!

My only frustration is that I found this game too early and there's not enough videos to watch that I can binge until release day.
  • Options
    Welcome! enjoy scrapping up every new bit of information you can and then start fragmenting your own :3