Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Kickstarter Upgrade Process (and Add-ons too)

Hi,

Special thanks to @Alluring for helping with the screen shots!

If you have not already, check your email for instructions to apply your Kickstarter code to your Ashes of Creation account.  You should see the order on your dashboard.  You can check your status here: https://www.ashesofcreation.com/dashboard/?idc_orders=1  

To purchase summer add-ons:

The summer add-ons are only available to Kickstarter backers for a limited time.  To purchase an add-on, login and visit https://www.ashesofcreation.com/dashboard/.  Note that there are bundled packages mixed in as well!

Add-ons will be available until concept art is released for each item and then an end date will be announced.  At that point, the add ons will be removed.

When you have purchased an add-on, it should appear under your orders tab.

To upgrade your Kickstarter account:

1. Login at https://www.ashesofcreation.com/

2. Click on the store link in the top menu. When you are logged in and have applied the Kickstarter code, the store link will take you to this page:

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/projects/kickstarter-summer-upgrade-campaign/

If you are not logged in, you will be taken to a different URL.

3. Select the package you want to upgrade to. Don't worry about the package cost yet.  Click on "Next Step".

4. The next step screen should have the correctly calculated upgrade cost.  When the cost is correct, people have confirmed that they are are successfully upgrading!

5. Select your payment type and follow the on screen instructions to complete your transaction.
  6. To confirm that the transaction was successful, navigate your browser to: https://www.ashesofcreation.com/dashboard/?idc_orders=1  You should see a new order line.

Troubleshooting

• If the amount is not correctly calculated, it may be an issue with your browser being cached.  Take the following steps:
    1. Log out
    2. Open up Google Chrome and enter Incognito mode ( Ctrl + Shift + N )
    3. Login
    4. Go to the store link (Make sure the URL is: https://www.ashesofcreation.com/projects/kickstarter-summer-upgrade-campaign/ )
  • If you still cannot resolve, email cs@intrepidstudios.com with the subject "Upgrade issues".

Other Information

• All summer and kickstarter backers will receive the Wand of Many Things!
  • If you are a kickstarter backer and you upgrade, then you get the kickstarter tier items.  You do not also get the summer items.  The summer items are available to kickstarter backers as an add-on.
  • The summer backers will not be able to use the Kickstarter upgrade or add-on store.
  • The end date of the Kickstarter upgrade campaign is TBD.  It will extend past the summer store.  
  • If you are a kickstarter backer, and you separately purchase a summer backer package, you will receive the items from your Kickstarter backing package and your summer backing package.
  • Buying a la carte add-ons is available, but not all accounts are presently able to view it.  Intrepid is working on this.  You will see the option to buy add-ons under your dashboard.  
  • Steven had mentioned a proposal about unlocking all summer backer rewards for certain Kickstarter tiers.  That proposal is confirmed off the table now. 
  • If you no longer see the summer backer counter, it is because you are on the Kickstarter upgrade store and not the summer store.  Log out of ashesofcreation.com if you would like to see the summer store.
  • Some people have successfully upgraded their pledge more than once.
If I missed anything, let me know!

-tug

Comments

• Options
    Not all heroes wear capes! O7
  • Options
    Not all heroes wear capes! O7
    Image result for no capes
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    Thanks guys.  :)

By the way, have you seen my awesome forum extension?  :pensive:
    http://cohortgaming.com/aoc-forums

• Options
    Haha. 
    Maybe after it works for most people.  :p
  • Options
    Thanks. Cut and paste bombed some of this all over the forums.
  • Options
    Doesnt work for me, the price stays the same.
  • Options
    Fleelix said:
    There are some issues with certain browsers. Steven said on Discord they will be working on it first thing tomorrow. Wait until they fix it would be my advice.

• Options
    Thanks for this, I'll hopefully get to upgrade when I get home from work!
  • Options
    Fleelix said:
    There are some issues with certain browsers. Steven said on Discord they will be working on it first thing tomorrow. Wait until they fix it would be my advice.

Yea thanks.
  • Options
    Thx @tugowar!!! 

I tryed in incognito and sigil mode but nothing... Im rest waiting, have a lot days to upgrade... 
  • Options
    tugowar said:
    Thanks guys.  :)

By the way, have you seen my awesome forum extension?  :pensive:
    http://cohortgaming.com/aoc-forums

Never change Tug. <3
  • Options

Good Stuff Tug <3
  • Options
    tugowar said:
    • The Kickstarter upgrade store is currently reading 896 days remaining.  Steven will confirm in the AM of 7/14/17 whether that end of campaign date is correct.

Not going to lie. I saw the countdown and was severely triggered.  :|

• Options
    Cyreph said:
    tugowar said:
    • The Kickstarter upgrade store is currently reading 896 days remaining.  Steven will confirm in the AM of 7/14/17 whether that end of campaign date is correct.

As was I, but was lucky enough to catch Steven on Discord while he was replying to people. The only people able to access the Upgrade page are those with KS codes. So while those that were in the KS will be able to upgrade, some johnny-come-lately who waits a year till just before release and is able to see how awesome the game has turned out will not be able to get the stuff on offer. If it was that way it would have been a major "screw you" to the people that decided to back when it was just a bunch of pre-alpha footage. I will reserve my "triggering" for later if warranted.
  • Options
    Thanks for this Tug
  • Options
    Cyreph said:
    tugowar said:

As was I, but was lucky enough to catch Steven on Discord while he was replying to people. The only people able to access the Upgrade page are those with KS codes. So while those that were in the KS will be able to upgrade, some johnny-come-lately who waits a year till just before release and is able to see how awesome the game has turned out will not be able to get the stuff on offer. If it was that way it would have been a major "screw you" to the people that decided to back when it was just a bunch of pre-alpha footage. I will reserve my "triggering" for later if warranted.
    I wish they would offer the same upgrade option to the summer backers too, cause honestly what's a 1000 extra people going to harm anything.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Edited
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Quick update- The upgrade process is working for some. If you see the right price, press on!
  • Options
     Happy upgrading!
  • Options
    @tugowar should get the Tutorial Lord badge.
  • Options
    Thanks!
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Thanks Tug!!!

Just tried on Chrome and still not working for me, but we have plenty of time so not going to worry about it!   :)
  • Options
    I don't believe there has been an update yet.
  • Options
    tugowar said:

• If you no longer see the summer backer counter, it is because you are on the Kickstarter upgrade store and not the summer store.  Log out of ashesofcreation.com if you would like to see the summer store.
    You may have to clear you cache as well in order to do this, I have had to using Firefox.
  • Options
    Matt with Intrepid has put some work into this.  See the troubleshooting section and let us know if it works for you!
  • Options
    Woohoo, I successfully upgraded from Braver of worlds to Leader of Men!!!
  • Options
    @Beep @Beep Grats!
  • Options
    Troubleshooting worked for me with Chrome.
  • Options
    Thank you for confirming @Dygz   I updated the OP with that.
  • Options
    If Matt from Intrepid can not help...I suggest Jake, from State Farm.