Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Off topic; What's a good MMORPG to play?

I'm curious, while we wait for the master game of all games (AoC), is there any good MMORPG to play? I'm talking about out of all of them that's available. Like, I'm kinda thinking on getting back into WoW while I wait for this.

Comments

• Options
    I'd recommend giving FFXIV a shot :)
  • Options
    Just gave up on FFXIV a couple weeks ago when the "revamp" was just more of the same. Playing Secret World Legends atm. Sure it is a cash grab, but if you never bothered to play it when it was a sub game, you can at least experience the story. The p2win mechanics are all there if you don't have patience to do normal progression. Basically the $12 dollar sub gives you a lot of quality of life stuff that should be in the game for free like cost free teleporting, but they gotta make money somehow right?
  • Options
    I'm Playing Secret World Legends while waiting.

It's free, and it has amazing story content, including fun dungeons.

The big minus is "pay to gear up" system that lets you level up your gear (that's otherwise a huge grind) with real cash, which some people say it's not P2W since there is no PvP anyway, and you can use months of grind time to grind up that same gear while playing for free.  :p So lets just call it "pay to advance A LOT faster" and you decide what you call it yourself. :)

But in the end, if you do not care about being top geared pearson on the server, I'd still recommend SWL due to amazing story and fun dungeons.

Dungeons are layered according to item power, so you will be playing with people on your gear level anyway.

It's good enough while waiting for Ashes. I don't know if there is anything better.
  • Options
    FFXIV is pretty great if you can get past the base game content (the first expansion is when it gets good).
  • Options
    Loyheta said:
    FFXIV is pretty great if you can get past the base game content (the first expansion is when it gets good).
    I opened up youtube to check it out and I saw Korean light show. No ty lol.  :p
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    Gothix said:
    Loyheta said:
    I have no idea what you are talking about lol... unless you are talking about Bahamut?
  • Options
    The Elder Scrolls Online is a great game that can be played different way. It's amazing for Elder Scrolls fan that wish to experience a good elder scroll game with a friend or two. There is very good stories, it's a gorgeous game, combat is fun, etc...

MMORPG players may be a little bit lost as a lot of usual features are missing from the game. but that's mostly because ESO is a mix between a Elder Scrolls game and a MMORPG. However, once those differences accepted, MMORPG players that strive for PVP action, or for challenge, will find in ESO something fun aswell.

You can check our Youtube channel for ESO related content, or contact me directly for questions.

I also play FFXIV. It's my relaxing game. I'm still not lvl 50 though! :)

• Options
    albion online https://albiononline.com/en/home is about to launch in 24 hours I am not sure I like its payment system though it looks like you have to buy gold instead of a monthly subscription so that's not great. I am probably going to go back to playing Neocron though I will have to craft for myself its free to play now so wont cost anything https://www.neocron-game.com/
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Loyheta said:
    Gothix said:
    Loyheta said:
    I have no idea what you are talking about lol... unless you are talking about Bahamut?
    Since I didn't play it I don't know the names of any entities, I just opened up a youtube, wrote FFXIV gameplay and watched.

It was some boss fight, and honestly I didn't see the boss at all, all I saw was light effects all over my face, blue, yellow, red splash splash SPLASH, and I heard some yelling in (my guess) Korean.

I have absolutely no interest in such games. Specially not Korean, I've had my fill of Korean games, and no more ty. :)
  • Options
    nothing atm..i honestly am playing PUBG, R6 and still raid a bit in WoW to pass time.
  • Options
    Gothix said:
    Loyheta said:
    Gothix said:
    Loyheta said:
    Since I didn't play it I don't know the names of any entities, I just opened up a youtube, wrote FFXIV gameplay and watched.

It was some boss fight, and honestly I didn't see the boss at all, all I saw was light effects all over my face, blue, yellow, red splash splash SPLASH, and I heard some yelling in (my guess) Korean.

I have absolutely no interest in such games. Specially not Korean, I've had my fill of Korean games, and no more ty. :)
    Why do you keep on saying Korean? Final Fantasy 14 is a Japanese MMORPG not a Korean.
  • Options
    I would recommend Final Fantasy XIV myself. While 2.0 is fairly slow as the story goes (given they only had a year or less to rebuild the game world), because they do have a ton of filler story, in 3.0 it really picks up.

The Story also cranks up once you get into 2.2 patch content and continues to ramp up from there. It is a gorgeous world, a very nicely done story, and it continues to be a fairly enjoyable pve experience. FF14 also does have PvP, but it is necessary and they are arena style matches. I've only now just started to dabble in it and I'm from the ye ol' days of 1.0 (back in 2010), so I've been with 14 for awhile now.

Elder Scrolls Online has gotten better with age and if you love exploring, it does this extremely well. Also if you want to be an assassin thief-- killing off NPCs, escaping the law, and looting to sell--- that is where to me, ESO is extremely enjoyable, because their is nothing like for once being a "bad guy".

Both these games also have wonderful communities, so you can't go wrong with either, though I do prefer FF14 over ESO.

Lets see... what else...

There is Citadel: Forged By Fire coming out here soon, but I don't know much about it beyond it is somehow Skyrim meets Harry Potter.... Then sometime later this year will be Dark and Light...

There is always good ol' Lord Of The Rings Online if you want to go for something a bit older but continues to age well. I know I've contemplated going back to poke at it myself a few times.

In the end, it really comes down to what you are looking for and what you believe you would enjoy playing. Hopefully this helps.
  • Options
    Elloa said:
    The Elder Scrolls Online is a great game that can be played different way. It's amazing for Elder Scrolls fan that wish to experience a good elder scroll game with a friend or two. There is very good stories, it's a gorgeous game, combat is fun, etc...

MMORPG players may be a little bit lost as a lot of usual features are missing from the game. but that's mostly because ESO is a mix between a Elder Scrolls game and a MMORPG. However, once those differences accepted, MMORPG players that strive for PVP action, or for challenge, will find in ESO something fun aswell.

You can check our Youtube channel for ESO related content, or contact me directly for questions.

I also play FFXIV. It's my relaxing game. I'm still not lvl 50 though! :)

I would also vote ESO. It's probably the best PvE/PvP game out there atm imho. Tons of features and different ways to experience the game.

The best thing is, you can try it FOR FREE. All of the basic options are there and if you decide to pay you get a lot of nice quality of life features line an endless bag of inventory space (but no real PtW ones)
  • Options
    I'm playing a few different ones.  Rift, LOTRO, SWTOR, ESO, and Just started trying out Black Desert Online.  BDO is tough to get used to, but it isn't so bad.  I have lifetime subs to DCUO, CO, and STO, but I haven't played them in over a year.  I'm also playing other single player games too, along with Titanfall 2, so it just depends on what I feel like playing on a given day.

LOTRO is coming up on another big update adding in Mordor and a new race fairly soon.  They're also updating graphics for things like your character, so there's that consideration too.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    RIFT cops a lot of shit and it's nowhere near as popular as it used to be but it's still fun to dick around in it every now and then. I'm currently subbed to WoW though, I like farming gold... :)
  • Options
    I'm playing Albion Online. Loving it.
    I'm running with a Guild there (since my usual guild isn't interested in it) called The Filthy Casuals. If anyone is interested, https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/50933-The-Filthy-Casuals-Are-Recruiting/?pageNo=1
  • Options
    It really depends on what you want from the MMO. Some are better than the others at certain things. Like if you want to raid you can't beat WoW, but there's better PvP MMOs out there than WoW. If you want story driven stuff SWTOR is pretty strong, so is ESO. So yeah it really depends on what you want. You might want more action oriented games? maybe you want more Asian styled designs? If yes then Final Fantasy might be better than WoW for you.
  • Options
    Back into GW2 at the moment, I had a lvl 80 Engineer, but stopped playing a year ago or so.  Just started a Ranger, got her to lvl 54.  Enjoying it, it's a nice community, and the ability to scale your lvl to content, means there's always people around.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    I've been hopping between FFXIV and WoW. I am currently playing FFXIV. I am trying out White Mage since I have never healed in any MMO I've played.I would recommend every at least try it. You gain a new respect for healers after.

ESO is great. There is a lot to do and many ways to do it. There are a lot of factions to join and each has their own story. It has an interesting leveling system as well. There is not much of an end game from what I have seen though.
  • Options
    Elder Scrolls Online is great, it's fun even when soloing if you like good storylines. I might have to get back to it at somepoint to play the Morrowind expansion.

Wildstar is awesome too. It's more action oriented and fastpaced and the humour is just ridiculous, no other MMORPG has made me actually laugh while playing :D
  • Options
    I will probably try Albion Online!
  • Options
    I'll propably try Albion Online too! I'll just have to convince couple of my friends to join me first :grin:
  • Options
    I might just suffer through the wait... I'm not sure I have the attention span for a new mmo right now. XD
  • Options
    Neopets, Habbo Hotel, and Minesweeper
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    You could try SWTOR. Sure, the F2P model is horrendous. But its Story-Telling is unrivaled - it'll be like watching a movie  (#*^-^*#)

( considering how old it is ... wouldn't be surprised if you already played it >.< )
  • Options
    Thanks guys for the suggestions, most of them I never heard of / played. >v<
    First one I'm gonna try is Albion Online 'cause it seems interesting. :smile:
  • Options
    ^^ Interesting, but IMHO I can't see me dropping £30 on a "point and click" movement method, it's as if this has been designed for tablets, but can be played on PC, not the other way around.
  • Options
    I immediately regretted playing the game and placing $50 into it. I never liked point and click games when I was younger and I thought this might be the exception to it, but nope. :<
  • Options
    Yeah, Albion Online is tough to get into for that reason. The point and click. It reminds me of Ultima Online really. I know I plan to give it another shot after a few runs of it during Beta and assisting with testing-- but I didn't get a really good "love" for it then. Wondering if that may change.

I know if you don't mind dropping the 30, while maybe not "technically" an MMO, it is a remake of a 2006 MMORPG, which is Dark and Light coming out tomorrow (July 20th). I plan on getting it and streaming it online. For the moment it looks like it may be a good hold over till AoC comes out, but its always hard to say with brand new games-- But it is one I've been stalking since early part of 2016.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

We in Rebellicious have been playing Black Desert Online since the launch in March 2016 and aren’t bored with it yet. It is an awesome game. Best MMO I have played since Ultima Online.

Ashes of Creation is the first game that looks like it might become a worthy
    successor. But I am pretty sure we will be in BDO until AoC is released.