Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Website development

I couldn't find a post discussing this nor do I know who I could contact about this but is the website going to get some love anytime soon? One thing I personally find kinda meh about trying new mmos or any game is if the website interaction, navigation, profile customization, and over all website look. It makes me think if they can't get someone to make their website user friendly and nice how is their game going to be? And often the game is unrefined also. I have not played ashes of creation so I can not say if the website reflects how the game is also, but I do feel like some more resources should be dedicated to the site. I know there are other things that are more important for the game, but the way the site is now, I know its gonna push some new potential players away. Until the shop was added the website felt more like a blog posting area than a potential major game site.

I am still excited and backing the game for an amazing release- but I am hoping the website doesn't stay this way all the way through release. I wouldn't mind seeing updates biweekly to the website, eventually making it where it should be -user friendly -aesthetically pleasing to the eyes -more professional

I wouldn't mind hearing back from someone who has information on how this site will be developed. That's all for me, thanks for reading

Comments

• Options
    It was just updated within the past month. 
  • Options
    Paging @tugowar and his wonderful plugin!!!

He may be gone watching GoT, but here is the link. It helps clean up and fix some issues w/ the site and forums in partiuclar.

http://cohortgaming.com/aoc-forums

• Options
    Thanks @Karthos. :)
    did the new nav options on the top left auto update and appear for you yet?

@Deadmidget Intrepid is hiring web devs right now for that reason. :) 
  • Options
    @tugowar I did not know they were hiring for that, which is why I made the post to gather more information. Thank you 

@Sintu Just because it was updated within the past month does not make any difference on how the website as a whole is. Right now it still is not great, there is so much room to improve on. 
  • Options
    @tugowar I did not know they were hiring for that, which is why I made the post to gather more information. Thank you 

@Sintu Just because it was updated within the past month does not make any difference on how the website as a whole is. Right now it still is not great, there is so much room to improve on. 
    I do not disagree was just giving you what I knew. 
  • Options
    the website is still a work on progress, you can expect to see more changes in the coming months etc, i think the summer store stole all of their focus, but now that's basicly over they can get back to the good stuff :smile: