Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Holiday Events?

Hello everyone!

I just became a backer of this game (first time doing so- don't let me down!) and I searched the forums for this and couldn't find it.

Do you think Ashes of Creation could or should have holiday events that typically correspond with holidays in actual world?

I've always enjoyed the feeling of logging in around Christmas/ Hanukkah/ Kwanzaa and getting the vibe that the game is festive as well- there are mini games, prizes, and just new things to do (or perhaps new scenery to explore). It certainly could add yet another element to this game that would draw people in!

Comments

• Of course the less traditional holidays could be represented too:  Talk Like a Pirate Day, Bikini Day, Festivus (for the rest of us!), Opposite Day, and in game lore holidays.
  • I recall a livestream where this was mentioned. I recall they are planning to have RL holidays and events in game. Can't remember which video this was though.
  • Holiday events are great and make the time in the game feel real XD 
    I also think they mentioned about holidays, that it will be in the game XD
  • Yes, holidays were confirmed.  

EQ2 has the best holidays of any game I have ever played and I am hoping that Ashes meets the bar.
  • -Sev- said:
    Hello everyone!

I just became a backer of this game (first time doing so- don't let me down!) and I searched the forums for this and couldn't find it.

Do you think Ashes of Creation could or should have holiday events that typically correspond with holidays in actual world?

I've always enjoyed the feeling of logging in around Christmas/ Hanukkah/ Kwanzaa and getting the vibe that the game is festive as well- there are mini games, prizes, and just new things to do (or perhaps new scenery to explore). It certainly could add yet another element to this game that would draw people in!
    I love the idea <3 Perhaps inclusion of some outfits or cosmetics. I agree with you that this sounds like a great idea.
  • Hopefully, Ashes will have in-game seasonal costumes and holidays in addition to real-world seasonal costumes and holidays.
    (seasonal/holiday foods, too)
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    I think Holiday events  are needed as a way mark time in the game and it would match the changing seasons theme as well. . Its nice to have events marking holidays in game and its fun for the players and the events do tend to bring players together as well in common areas of the maps. 

BUT

To keep the PC(politically correct) crowd from getting offended . Rename the Christmas holiday to something else like Frost Nights celebration or something. 

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    aha, this thing...these....holidays in my mmorpgs....grrrrrrrrr.  i am on both sides of this fence.  

i do actually think there should be holiday events in the game, well in all games.....BUT....I CAN"T MAKE THE BUT BIG ENOUGH!!!!

I do feel there should be "mirror" holidays....for example, christmas, yes lights, but lights from ashes world....a santa, sure, but a santa befitting ashes lore, etc etc, same with easter/new years/halloween etc.....oh, idea....randomness wins!  say the Tulnar are the focus of "halloween" and all the surface dweller children dress up as the scariest tulnar they can and go around the towns "trick or treating" for small wooden talismans that ward off corruption or somethin.........................................

these are not like some well thought out ideas or anything i was just shootin spitballs at the board to get ya in the ballpark....yes holidays but ones that are from ashes lore.