Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Ashes Development Roadmap?

As I was browsing other games that are in development, I came across something rather extraordinary to me that the developers are doing for their community. They created a Roadmap checklist type of system during the development of the game. I provided the Link to show what I'm talking about.  (The link is only for the purpose of showing roadmap example. In no way am I promoting this game.)

Seeing this, I thought it would a great addition that Ashes could possibly implement similarly to this method. They do a phenomenal job already with streams, Discord, and Podcasts, though this would be a solid living page of ideas and goals from both, devs and player concerns/expectations that would be updated throughout development.

LINK to Roadmap example:   http://trialsofascension.com/roadmap

If any of the Devs or Forum Mods could respond to this idea, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you again Ashes Team!

Comments

• Options
    That is actually a really nice idea :) I'd be very happy if Intrepid included this concept :)
  • Options
    It's a trap!
    Fans regard roadmaps as promises.
    When those "promises" aren't met and/or are delayed, the fans rage.
  • Options
    Dygz said:
    It's a trap!
    Fans regard roadmaps as promises.
    When those "promises" aren't met and/or are delayed, the fans rage.
    In part, I do see your point, though I believe this shouldn't be viewed as "promises", but instead more of a "where we are in development stage cycles". If they want to avoid any discrepancies from people who look at them as promises, they could just create on strictly related to their developmental stages. Avoid any Fan base expectations.