Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Relevance of reality

Hello dear designers of the project and forum users. When viewing the gameplay, I saw the extraordinary beauty of the archer's cloak to the heels and thought about the purpose of the cloak. It was used in campaigns and travels so that the spray would fall on him when walking. I urge you to imbue with my thought, to think and to discuss the real possibilities to bring this idea into the game. Thank you for attention)

Comments

• Options
    I've seen this done before in games @Evolutionow. Good fluid physics coupled with material modifiers really adds to the immersion. Horizon Zero Dawn is one that immediately comes to mind :love:

Great news is the Unreal Engine 4 does support wet/damaged materials (video), but I'm not sure if IS are going to go down this route. I hope so!
  • Options
    lexmax said:
    I've seen this done before in games @Evolutionow. Good fluid physics coupled with material modifiers really adds to the immersion. Horizon Zero Dawn is one that immediately comes to mind :love:

Great news is the Unreal Engine 4 does support wet/damaged materials (video), but I'm not sure if IS are going to go down this route. I hope so!
    It remains to be hoped that the creators will hear us and will not follow the easy path. This step is relatively simple and does not require extra measures. Only loads on the engine are possible, I do not know about them. I will be very happy to see the back of my character "decorated with natural conditions" ^ _ ^
  • Options
    I also believe that a quality setting of weather conditions in combination with clothing modifiers will create an unrivaled atmosphere, increase the respect of users to the creators and encourage pleasant emotions of both of them)  o:)
  • Options
    I propose to continue our reasoning in line with the "general principles of microdesign"! We take the audience of this game and conditionally divide them into 2 camps: 1) Esthetes. 2) The public. I'll start with the second one. Public players players prefer the mechanics of interacting with the world to its appearance. Literally they are involved in the process of playing at the level of thinking and speculating aspects related to crafting, commerce, character development and the social part of the game, and, of course, wars. The very essence and perspective of what is happening is extremely important to them. This category of people does not suit us if we talk about weather conditions and their influence on the clothes of the character. Esthete players prefer visual design to the mechanical design of the project. In the case of the Public Players, the players are all just at the level of exact science, but with the Esthetes it is more abstract. You can compare them with the example of martial arts and art - some work on an exact scheme, others improvise. Features of micro design in relation to Esthetes are such that they are not satisfied not by the naturalness and simplicity of graphic design, when the game looks like a game, and not as a reality. Therefore, making a bet on this audience, it is advisable to create microelements that would add to the game the fullness of the perception of the world. For example, I noticed in the game a good job with lighting and a decent implementation of the concept of day-night, when in relation to weather conditions could not catch anything outstanding. I really want professional work with a set of elements "fire-water-air-ground" and their interaction at a level close to reality because they will give the game just not enough "reality" to it that will very much like Esthetes. Moreover, this kind of people by their nature strive for a high-level graphic product, therefore they have at their disposal expensive machines and these people are more often wealthy and sophisticated. Therefore, to the smart micro design as a plus in itself can add the purchasing power of the target audience. What I can advise in practice is the dynamic and thematic weather that can emphasize locations and terrain. Working out a combination of elements "fire-water-air-earth" and their impact on the world! We divide into two components - micro and macro - in this letter I focus on micro, which means dirt on clothing, material degradation in real time, the physics of the elements (at least only visual) and of the deformation. All this here I represent on a micro scale, so get me right. Thank you for your attention and look forward to your business reflection)
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    I propose to continue our reasoning in accordance with the "general principles of microdesign"! We accept the audience of this game and conditionally divide them into 2 camps: 1) Esthetes. 2) The public. I'll start from the second. Players of public prefer the mechanics of interacting with the world in their appearance. Literally they are involved in the process of the game, at the level of thinking and thinking related to craft, commerce, character development and social part of the game and, of course, wars. For them, the very essence and perspective of what is happening is extremely important. This category of people does not suit us. Esthete players prefer visual design to the mechanical design of the project. In the case of public players, Players are all at the level of exact science, but with the Esthetes it is more abstract. You can compare them with the depiction of martial arts and art - some work on an exact scheme, others improvise. Features of the microproject in relation to Esthetes are such that they are not a naturalness and simplicity of graphic design when the game looks like a game, and not as a reality. Therefore, to stake on this audience, it is desirable to create microelements that would add to the game the completeness of the perception of the world. For example, I noticed in the game a good job with lighting. I really want to work with a set of fire-water-air-ground elements and their interaction at a level close to reality. And such people by their nature tend to a high-level graphic product, so they have at their disposal expensive machines, and these people are more often rich and sophisticated. Therefore for smart micro design. What I can advise in practice is the dynamic and thematic weather that can emphasize the location and terrain. Development of a combination of elements "fire-water-air-earth" and their impact on the world! We divide into two components - micro and macro - in this letter I focus on micro, which means clothing, material degradation in real time, the physics of the elements (at least only visual) and the end of the deformation. All this here I represent on a micro scale scale, so give me the right. Thank you for your attention and look forward to your business)
  • Options
    In perfection I speak only my native language, so forgive and understand me correctly) o:)
  • Options
    I will rewrite my thoughts taking into account the possibilities of an interpreter as soon as I sleep. Thanks to all)