Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Kickstarter - Mistakes were made.. - What to do?

So I have never kickstarted something before and I might have overlooked it if it said so anywhere but.. When I decided to kickstart your project I was in the assumption that the payment had gone through, but yesterday when I was looking at my "backed projects" tab it said it was "dropped"! D: I was devastated because I really believe in this and I really want to be a part of it from the very start.

So what I was wondering is this a lost cause for me now?

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    This might sound a bit short/shallow of an explanation but if there is anything or anyone that want to help me with this I will do whatever I can to provide the information necessary.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    You may not be able to get into the KS since this has closed, but the good news is you still have about 3 days remaining to get into the Summer Crowdfunding :)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/projects/store/
  • Options
    Yeah seems like you pledged but then didn't have the funds when they tried to charge you. Then you let the 7 days fix period expire.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    so what is the difference between my 470$ kickstarter(braver of worlds) and the 550$ summer crowdfunding(braver of worlds)? Because I wanted to give you this money for the items that was promised when I backed your project on kickstarter, but why should I back you for 550 now for what looks on paper lesser the reward? :( I'm a bit bummed out because money was never and issue and from what I can read here is that I am basically being screwed because of some other peoples mistakes! #FeelsHurtMan

Edit 1: if they are exactly the same then I will buy that but that's not what is written on what is rewarded for.
    Edit 2: grammar
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    My?? What?

The difference is the cosmetics you get. Kickstarters got their exclusive ones and summer backers have theirs. You also lose out on the Kickstarter backer goals because those were exclusive to the Kickstarter.

What seems to have happened to you is that you pledged but never paid for the Kickstarter package. They probably tried to draw money from your card but couldn't. Then the 7 day period expired before you fixed your payment. You can try contacting intrepid by making a ticket but I doubt they can do anything because of legal reasons.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    TheCouchNerd said:
    My?? What?

The difference is the cosmetics you get. Kickstarters got their exclusive ones and summer backers have theirs. You also lose out on the Kickstarter backer goals because those were exclusive to the Kickstarter.

What seems to have happened to you is that you pledged but never paid for the Kickstarter package. They probably tried to draw money from your cars but couldn't. Then the 7 day period expired before you fixed your payment. You can try contacting intrepid by making a ticket but I doubt they can do anything because of legal reasons.
    weirdead said:
    So I have never kickstarted something before and I might have overlooked it if it said so anywhere but.. When I decided to kickstart your project I was in the assumption that the payment had gone through.
    Which is why I am looking for someone with some actual knowledge on the situation.

Edit: and again, money was never an issue. so either kickstarter fucked up or I am literally just an unlucky bastard that can't even throw money at someone.. Sorry I've feeling down about it and even if you see it as cosmetics, having played MMO's for decades wishing that: "one day I'm going to faind the perfect game and be a part of it" and having this problem is really not helping :(
  • Options
    Sorry that your KS funding was unsuccessful :( The Summer Funding Braver of worlds has essentially the same rewards as KS, but the mount and costumes are different skins from the KS.
    • Dawnbreaker Epic mount -> Pridestalker Epic Mount
    • Character Royalty Costume -> Character Majesty Costume
  • Options
    I don't know if intrepid could do anything about it now since you failed to verify if Kickstarter took your money or not. I believe that you had sometime after the Kickstarter ended to fix all the billing errors.  The summer backing also provides similar rewards for a bit more, just some alternated skins to the same Kickstarter rewards. 
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    @lexmax sorry for the trouble, but thanks for the reply :) I guess I just have to be happy with second base.

Edit for clarification: I'm not salty as I can get the other reward, I've just been part of this game for a long time, and I thought I was being part of it at the earliest time possible.. Having being stripped of a reward only achievable at the time that I was pledging my money to this project, only to have this happen is kinda a letdown(not by the AoC team obviously). That's just why I wanted to try to see if there was anything that could be done! :)
  • Options
    weirdead said:
    @lexmax sorry for the trouble, but thanks for the reply :) I guess I just have to be happy with second base.
    I wish you all the luck with your Summer pledge and I don't consider it to be second best at all :)
  • Options
    ops yeah I didn't mean it like that, edited my last post to clarify what I meant, but I'm happy I get to toss some money at you all(it's well deserved!) ;)
  • Options
    Thank you for supporting the project @weirdead
    I am sorry to hear that you encountered the issues you did when attempting to back the KS. As lexmax has indicated the Summer Back store is currently open for a few more days =)
    thanks,
  • Options
    weirdead said:
    So I have never kickstarted something before and I might have overlooked it if it said so anywhere but.. When I decided to kickstart your project I was in the assumption that the payment had gone through, but yesterday when I was looking at my "backed projects" tab it said it was "dropped"! D: I was devastated because I really believe in this and I really want to be a part of it from the very start.

So what I was wondering is this a lost cause for me now?
    Maybe get in touch with devs: cs@intrepidstudios.com  

Maybe they can fix something for you cause you did got the KS but payment just didnt get through where thats a thing thats not your fault.

Best of luck.
  • Options
    lexmax said:
    Sorry that your KS funding was unsuccessful :( The Summer Funding Braver of worlds has essentially the same rewards as KS, but the mount and costumes are different skins from the KS.
    On a different and off topic note, I made a derp. I bought the Majesty add-on thinking it was totally different and not related to the Royalty Costume. >v<
  • Options
    Maora said:
    lexmax said:
    On a different and off topic note, I made a derp. I bought the Majesty add-on thinking it was totally different and not related to the Royalty Costume. >v<
    Hi @Maora, the Majesty addon will have a different look to the Royalty costume. Intrepid have promised to reveal all of the artworks in the next month or so. You could wait and decide to cancel then or you could email cs@intrepidstudios.com and cancel your addon order now :)
  • Options
    lexmax said:
    Maora said:
    lexmax said:
    Hi @Maora, the Majesty addon will have a different look to the Royalty costume. Intrepid have promised to reveal all of the artworks in the next month or so. You could wait and decide to cancel then or you could email cs@intrepidstudios.com and cancel your addon order now :)
    Ah, thank you @lexmax! I didn't know that cancelling was an option
  • Options

At this time do you still have questions related to this post?

Thanks,

This discussion has been closed.