Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

What stage is the game in?

I'm looking at all the summer crowdfunding packages you can buy. My question is what stage is the game in, and what is the expected schedule for the rest (Alpha phase 1/2 & Beta phase 1/2).

Comments

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    Alpha has been estimated to come out around Dec 2018 unfortunately! They are putting a lot of work into it so they want to make sure it is right before we have access... In the mean time

Edit: Also think I'm right in saying they want the full game to be released before 2020.

Related image
  • Wow what a ways out. I saw a video on youtube of this game today and am already very excited about it. Definitely supporting it.
  • I'm fairly certain that the game is in the pre alpha stage and will be ready in 2-3 years.
  • AoC is currently in pre-alpha :)
    NDA alpha ( family and friends only) and the keys one from draws on the forums and twitch stream start this year oct/Nov time 2017
    Alpha 1 - from Braver packs and above starts by Dec 2018 - possibly earlier depending on how well development goes.
    Alpha 2 and Closed Betas will follow but no ETA as of yet :)
    Launch 2019/2020
    Long wait but will be worth it :33
  • It's in cash grab stage.  Get that wallet out and prepare to get nickle and dimed until it's empty.
    edited July 2017
    Ashes Of Creations stage as of right now is unclear.

We do however know that the Family & Friends Alpha Testing will begin this October.

However here is some possible good new. Steven had a interview awhile back that he posted on the Discord #news. The link is here http://www.zam.com/article/1449/a-chat-with-ashes-of-creations-steven-sharif

This is a quote from near the bottom of the article.

"Intrepid Studios is planning on hosting their friends and family closed alpha this October. Another closed alpha will follow. The beta is tentatively planned for later next year, with a stress test open beta directly before launch. Ashes of Creation is technically planned for a December 2018 release, but Sharif cautions that it's difficult to estimate at this point."

So we may actually see this game a lot sooner, but as confirmed from Discord #ask_interpid. The 2020 release date is to give them extra head room incase they need it.

• GeoBae said:
    I'm looking at all the summer crowdfunding packages you can buy. My question is what stage is the game in, and what is the expected schedule for the rest (Alpha phase 1/2 & Beta phase 1/2).
    I hope that the answers provided so far helped to update you. We are currently preparing for PAX to have a demo available that will be recorded for viewing as well. We would love to have you as not only a member of the Community but also as a supporter of the Project =D
  • I really hope it doesn't crash and burn, especially for all the effort put in as well as money cause I have seen some games that promised such ideas not deliver as well as run with the money. Now I'm not saying AoC is one of those games but the wondering must be real.
  • Vicious said:
    It's in cash grab stage.  Get that wallet out and prepare to get nickle and dimed until it's empty.
    You're on every thread that's in regards to questions about the state of the game or crowd funding and expressing your salt with passive aggressive crying.  Is your name going to be Vicious in the game? Let me know so I can have you on farm. 
  • Oh I'm a supporter! Intrepid got $150 of my money...and all I got was a receipt :)

Waiting patiently until December 2018...
    edited July 2017
    Could say it's in the "creation" stage :smile:
  • Bacon stage