Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

The survivor class

So here's the deal. My friend wants to be plate using non-mobile melee healer just like a holy paladin in WoW. And I want to be the same but instead of healer I want to be a fat and juicy bard. But if wearing heavy armor reduces healing or support skills to none then what's the idea?

Idea of this - Think of a PvP situation where there are 5 people and you're alone and you should be able to hold those 5 people just long enough before other team members arrive. You take the risk and go in and there's no way you're going to escape because you're not that mobile, you can take more damage because you're wearing heavy armor.

In the other hand - Think of a PvE situation. If your healing or support skills are reduced almost to none, you're not that viable in many situations. There probably will be tank and off tank which is probably another tank or fighter.

Has there been any confirmed discussion about how wearing heavy armor affects your class abilites in case you're a cleric or bard? And if you choose your secondary class to be tank on those classes maybe it acts differently?

We just want viable tanky supporting classes just like holy paladin in WoW

Comments

• Options
    I do not think they have mentioned how different types of armour will affect your character's ability yet. They have said that any class can wear any armour, but we have yet to hear the positives and negatives of each type of armour when it comes to using magic or physical abilities. But if it is anything like D&D...
  • Options
    I think it's it's going to affect anything it will be mobility, not class skills.
  • Options
    So far no discussions in terms of whats been shared already. Will be interesting to see how it plays out. I get that concept very well and as someone who loves to play a tank that can heal (ArcheAge Templar for example) I am really looking forward to finding out more =D
  • Options
    I think every class has the option to run away if they want 2 survive :)
    Words of Wisdom~

• Options
    Poisonz said:
    Words of Wisdom~

I have footage of the runaway class.   :)

https://youtu.be/UJeH5nUrPss
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    @Leipuri
    Seems like the armor intended for Clerics is medium armor.
    Heavy armor should not be so much heavier that it greatly hinders the healing of a Cleric.
    The devs have said that there are no class restrictions for armor, so while heavy armor may not be ideal for Clerics, it should still be viable.

If you want to be some kind of "Survivor" class, you have to decide what you're primary role is going to be.
    From what you describe, it seems like it would be best to be a Tank/Cleric and wear heavy armor. That would be ideal for someone soloing multiple attackers.
    You would be able to use Wall to block attacks, use Shield Cover for extra protection from group attacks, and also us the heals from the Cleric class to heal yourself.

Combat for PvP and PvE is the same.
    I'm not sure why you're PvE scenario wouldn't also apply to PvP combat, but...
    In Ashes, heavy armor will not be reducing your healing skills to zero.
    If you wish to primarily be group healer, it might be best to be a Cleric/Tank.
    Maybe wear medium armor but also carry a shield so you can augment one of your Cleric abilities with Shield Cover. Shield Cover might be self-only as an augment, but that's all you need if you happen to be in a solo scenario while waiting for your team members to arrive.
    You should also be able to augment one of your Cleric abilities with Wall.

Secondary class does affect your stat progression options, so it's very likely that having Tank as a secondary class will make it easier to maneuver in heavy armor.
    (race stat progression >> primary archetype stat progression >> secondary archetype stat progression)
  • Options
    Sintu said:
    Poisonz said:
    Words of Wisdom~

I have footage of the runaway class.   :)

https://youtu.be/UJeH5nUrPss
    My class o.o