Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Short Question: Tanking ??

Hello my fellow friends of Big Shilds, Platted Armor or just Big Healthbars.
I really love to Tank in Mmos and would like to know what tanking in Ashes Of Creation is going to be , or what you want it to be like.

I would love to see a combination of ESO tanking and Vanilla WOW tanking 
Tanks would need to create and keep threat not only by dmg but by spezial Abilitys and still dd can´t just burst without thinking

would like to hear your suggestions on this topic

Comments

• Options
    We don't have many details as of yet but PAX will give us an insight as to how Tank might play at launch ^^ Intrepid Studios are doing their best to give players the flexibility with their archetypes to allow you to play your role in the way you want too ^^
    This will come down to details like your race, secondary archetype, weapon choice and armour choice.
    http://www.ashesofcreation-the-odyssey.com/2017/07/pax-available-classes-and-skills.html
    Can check out the pax skills on that page ^^
    This also gives a brief overview of the class.
    Hope this helps!
  • Options
    Based on what Intrepid has told us about Tanks in this game, they will have taunts to keep aggro, but they will also have a variety of abilities to control the battlefield directly. For instance, the Tank they are showing at Pax will have the ability to create a wall that blocks enemies' path. I expect the devs are coming up with a multitude of ideas similar to that as well as the more traditional tanking abilities for the Tank to have :)
  • Options
    thank you but i would also like to hear what you want from tanking to be kind of a brainstorming for future setting

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    Well, for me, Tanks should be able to take or avoid a lot more punishment than any other class. They should have abilities that allow them to do so as well as abilities that cause enemies to engage them instead of others. Tanks tend to be the leader of their parties and as such should have a good deal of awareness for what is happening around the battlefield and they should have the tools to try and adjust the flow of the battle if need be. I do not ever see there role being an exceptional damage dealer, in fact, I don't think Tanks should even come close to dealing the amount of damage a dps primary archetype can. That isn't to say that they shouldn't be able to hold their own for some time, but their superior survivability should be balanced with a overall lower amount of damage. Attentive and strategic execution of their taunts, pulls, and control abilities should be the difference between a good Tank and a great one.
  • Options
    Buddy93 said:
    Hello my fellow friends of Big Shilds, Platted Armor or just Big Healthbars.
    I really love to Tank in Mmos and would like to know what tanking in Ashes Of Creation is going to be , or what you want it to be like.

I would love to see a combination of ESO tanking and Vanilla WOW tanking 
    Tanks would need to create and keep threat not only by dmg but by spezial Abilitys and still dd can´t just burst without thinking

would like to hear your suggestions on this topic
    I also like tanking. The extra responsibility is great. You control the pace of the dungeon and you also control the fight. Granted I do like to zone out and just dps on occasion, but for the most part I like the added mechanics of tanking and healing.

I do not want it where you just run in the middle of a group of mobs, press one button and you have aggro for 15 years. *Looks at World of Warcraft* I like to have to switch between mobs and us abilities to keep aggro. I also like having to stun and interrupt targets as well.

I think I remember IS saying one of the tank options will have a wall to block mechanics, then the tank can lasso mobs and pull them in. If you have a wall up and lasso a mob/player and pull it into the wall then that will knock the mob/player down. Stuff like that seems really cool.
  • Options
    Maybe there will be a skill that you are able to set mobs into a cage. So the tank is the only one who takes damage while this skill is activated. 

Thats what was told to me.
  • Options
    I use to love playing a tank in the group, then I had a few bad groups. That made me rethink my role within the groups. Why. You have people jumping on your back, if you can't hold the mods, or if someone dies, when your trying to hold the line. Just made it something I didn't want to do anymore. I want to have fun playing the game, not get yelled at cause a few mistakes happen on my watch.